Regear cost in SoCal?

Hello all, just had a quick question.

I have a 2 door JK and I'm putting it up on 35" Trail Grapplers, and 4.88s. I'm just curious if any of you on here have experienced or know someone that has had a shop install their new ring and pinions and around how much it was. And in SoCal preferably, since everything's so damn expensive. Hearing different numbers everywhere.

Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, back in the day, I would have recommended Off Road Evolution being that they were in Fullerton and did a gear special that only cost $1k. Now, I think they refer people to T&J and you should expect to pay at least $1500 or so.

Well, back in the day, I would have recommended Off Road Evolution being that they were in Fullerton and did a gear special that only cost $1k. Now, I think they refer people to T&J and you should expect to pay at least $1500 or so.
Sounds better than what I've heard, where is ORE exactly now again? Fort Mohave, right? Arizona's not too far 👀 LOL!

MericaMade

I have a 2 door JK and I'm putting it up on 35" Trail Grapplers, and 4.88s. I'm just curious if any of you on here have experienced or know someone that has had a shop install their new ring and pinions and around how much it was. And in SoCal preferably, since everything's so damn expensive. Hearing different numbers everywhere.

Thanks in advance!
When I regeared My Dana 44 to 513 myself and a few of my other buddies went to this guy in Corona called mobile gears. At the time he was charging 1200 for front and rear all parts and labor included.

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Thanks in advance!
Check these guys out. They are in Riverside. $1350 https://rockbottomoffroad.com/re-gear/

When I regeared My Dana 44 to 513 myself and a few of my other buddies went to this guy in Corona called mobile gears. At the time he was charging 1200 for front and rear all parts and labor included.
My buddy with an '04 TJ was telling me about some mobile gear service! Thanks I'll check 'em out!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My buddy with an '04 TJ was telling me about some mobile gear service! Thanks I'll check 'em out!
Mobile Gear does all the re-gearing for 4Wheel Parts stores in the SoCal area. I had them do my TJ back in the day and they fucked things up pretty good. They did warranty the work but when things fucked up, I was in Moab. Hopefully they're better now.

Mobile Gear does all the re-gearing for 4Wheel Parts stores in the SoCal area. I had them do my TJ back in the day and they fucked things up pretty good. They did warranty the work but when things fucked up, I was in Moab. Hopefully they're better now.
Thanks for the info. Probably would use them as a last resort. Good to know as I might of went through 4WP since there's multiple very close to me.

jesse3638

Hooked
I used a local guy in Hesperia, Robert Thomas Differentials, when I had the rears done. A little pricy, $1250 for one axle with crush sleeve eliminator and rebuild, but he came with good recommendations. He knows his stuff and had a really cool shop. He does gears for desert racers and used to drive monster trucks back in the 80's and 90's. I also liked not having to drive an hour to drop the jeep off. I prefer to support local businesses when I can. Another shop that came highly recommended was RJD Motorsports in San Bernardino. I believe they were $1350 for both axles, but that was only gears. No seals, or anything else so that was extra.

MericaMade

Ouch, good to know. Great heads up!

Top Bottom