Regear to 5.13, RPMs at 80/85/90mph??

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Where the hell are you going 90mph? I didn't read the thread... is this another "desert runner"? Thread? That guy was doing 110 though, so if so, you need to step up your game...

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just everyday Nevada freeway driving [emoji16] funny thing is my 37x13.50s probably turn into 39x10.50 at those speeds ����

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WE have LOTS AND LOTS of freeways here in Texas, many of them with 80mph speedlimits... but I have yet to see 90! :thinking: But our "freeways" are paved...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I may have done it, once. I don’t recommend. It felt like 145 felt in the G35 I had, only less stable.

I'll admit I've DONE it... but I wasn't worried about where my RPMs were at, nor did I intend to maintain it for any notable distance... :thinking: Hell, Ive pegged the speedo on a few occasions... but I never worry about "where the RPMs are" because I'm not planning to set the cruse at 90 or anything :crazyeyes:

It just comes with the territory of loving automotives... I KNOW its a jeep, I KNOW its not built for speed... but SOMETIMES, you just gotta see what it can do... even if the result isn't "That Much"... lol

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'll admit I've DONE it... but I wasn't worried about where my RPMs were at, nor did I intend to maintain it for any notable distance... :thinking: Hell, Ive pegged the speedo on a few occasions... but I never worry about "where the RPMs are" because I'm not planning to set the cruse at 90 or anything :crazyeyes:

Yep. Spot on. I keep it below 80, and mostly below 75. It sucks gas, above 70.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
With the huge difference in vehicles that I drive on a daily basis my JKU at 90 feels just fine. I do admit though I always have that question in the back of my mind as to what is gonna happen if I have a blow out, or toss a driveline at that speed. So it is pretty rare that I push it past 80.

Top Bottom