RENEGADE RENDEZVOUS : An Epic Exploration Trek Across Nevada

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pictures, as always, and great narrative. Seems like a cool trip and that you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing! :rock:

Glad to hear you enjoyed following our adventures :)

these are so refreshing for us Euros..........many thanks.;);)

Awesome! It's great to know that folks in other countries can enjoy our trips :cool:

Oh man. This looks like it was a great trip!

These were really long days out on the trail but I think you and the family would have enjoyed the trip.

I made a trip to Tonopah, NV last year from AZ to buy a Jeep Commander. The funny part of the story is that I first drove to Tonopah, AZ (about 3 hours in the wrong direction) before finding out it was Tonopah, NEVADA! Interesting little town that turns out doesn't have anyone who can change your oil at any given time of the day. I ended up doing the oil change in the Napa parking lot with borrowed tools so that we could make the 7.5 hour trip home. Amazing how little is out there along the Extraterrestrial Highway!
It was cool to see the mixed use of rivets and bolts, really dating the buildings and machinery. As an Engineer, it looks like a lot of calculations would have needed to be done in order to support that cable car, carrying tons of material! Cool stuff :)
Anybody need a ford 9" axle for their jeep? You know were you can get one for free now!

JeepFan

Hooked
Oh man, I saw the pic that Steph sent Cindy and now I'm afraid to look under mine :crazyeyes:
Glad the two of you had a great time in spite of it :D

Well, being that your Renegade is a couple inches taller, you probably won't find too much debris.

Here's what my driveway looked like after the first pass with the hose...It got much worse. Lol

1467304810503.jpg

Nick Zambo

Awesome trip. Those little jeeps seem to be perfect for that type of exploring. I am going to have to start looking at my next vehicle soon and the Renegade is now at the top of the list.

EJKoz67

great story

Thanks for this...very interesting. In CO, the trails around the coke ovens were closed due to vandalism. Too many people trespassing on nearby private land and destroying the coke ovens. these ovens were used to make coal for the steel mill in Pueblo where railroad tracks were made.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, being that your Renegade is a couple inches taller, you probably won't find too much debris.

Here's what my driveway looked like after the first pass with the hose...It got much worse. Lol

View attachment 210488

LOL!! Looks like you've been grazing :D

I finally got around to washing our Renegade yesterday and aside from the crazy amount of dust, the underside wasn't too bad. The Trailhawk skids do a great job of keeping things like grasses pushed out of the way and leave little room for collecting anywhere. May need to see if you can pick up a set.

Awesome, thanks for all the pics. Especially love seeing the old machinery.

Me too. It's just so amazing that so much of it was still there.

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like a great time! Totally jealous! [emoji41]

We need to get you guys out that way sometime. :yup:

Top Bottom