RENNY : 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

Hohertz

Congrats on the new addition to the family! Interested for some shots of the interior and any plans yall have to modify it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone!! I know the Renegades aren't for everyone but Cindy and I love them and glad that most of you do too. We're also glad you like what we've named ours and hope you'll follow us along in our adventures with it. :yup:

So when's the IRS ProRock 80 and EVO coilovers going to come on? ;)

LOL!! That would be badass!! :crazyeyes:

I like it, great mileage too.
Wonder how long til aftermarket parts start showing up? If it's like the JK it will be 7-8 months before you start emptying your pockets. :D
Can't wait! :beer:

Might be a bit longer than that especially here in the U.S. Overseas, there are a lot of people already working on it but aside from Mopar, I really haven't found too many if any aftermarket manufacturers who seem interested in the Renegade or at least, not as of yet. It's unfortunate too being that the Renegade is a great little Jeep and one that I think will reach a completely different audience.

Nice! My wife and i went and checked one out on our way to dinner. She seems to be on board:fingerscrossed:
Are the headlights the same as stock jk lights? Trucklites would be nice.

They do appear to be standard 7" round lights and swapping them out for a set of Truck-Lites is on my to do list. Doing so will get rid of the cool little easter egg they have in the light but, more and better quality lighting is more important to us. :yup:

Congrats on the purchase. Looks good....in fact, thats the first time I think I've seen it parked next to a JK, and the Renegade isn't as small as I thought it was. :thumb:

Actually, I most people don't realize just how big these Renegades are. Fact of the matter is, they are just as long in wheel base as an old XJ and they have WAY MORE HEAD ROOM too. :yup:

Congrats again!

Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to updates on Renny. Maybe I missed it, but origin of the name?

Thanks! All the way home, we kept on referring to the Renegade as "the Renegade" and eventually, Cindy started referring to it as just "Renny" for short. The name stuck and we both liked it and so it was. :cool:

Congratulations on your new addition. The new Renegade sounds like it may be a big hit and another home run for Jeep. Time will tell.

Please keep us updated on Renny, good or bad.

Well, the Renegades are a big hit in Europe now and I personally think it will be a huge seller globally just as FCA is wanting it to be. With the sub-compact SUV or "B-SUV" market taking off as being the fastest growing segment here in the U.S. and, being that the Renegade is the only one in it's class to be a worth 4WD that still gets 30 MPG, it is my feeling that it will be a big hit. While we got a Trailhawk that had most every bell and whistle you can get, you can get a 4WD Sport for as little as $19k. Obviously, the Renegade will never compete on the same level as a Wrangler but really, I don't think it was ever intended to.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! I actually like the red...white vehicles just seem too commonplace these days. Can't wait to see what happens when you throw some 35's on that thing and lift it...lol :clap2:

Well, Cindy and I do love white and typically, it's our color of choice but on something like this Renegade, red just seemed so right. We really like it. :yup:

Congrats on the new Jeep! Lookin forward to see what all can be done to these lil Jeeps.

Us too! We'll for sure start working on it as soon as parts become available or, if we have to, start figuring things out ourselves :crazyeyes:

Congrats on Renny :thumb:

that 25 mpg sounds awesome :yup:

I should note that 25 MPG was with us doing close to 80 MPH and into a headwind. I would bet that we could easily do better if we slowed down a bit :yup:

Red windshield banner going on?

Maybe today if we have any in stock :D

HoosierWolf

Congratulations!

Really looking forward to seeing what modifications you make on the new guy. :clap2:

btw Renny is also our male border collie's name.

Hightower

Thanks everyone!! I know the Renegades aren't for everyone but Cindy and I love them and glad that most of you do too. We're also glad you like what we've named ours and hope you'll follow us along in our adventures with it. :yup:

LOL!! That would be badass!! :crazyeyes:

Might be a bit longer than that especially here in the U.S. Overseas, there are a lot of people already working on it but aside from Mopar, I really haven't found too many if any aftermarket manufacturers who seem interested in the Renegade or at least, not as of yet. It's unfortunate too being that the Renegade is a great little Jeep and one that I think will reach a completely different audience.

They do appear to be standard 7" round lights and swapping them out for a set of Truck-Lites is on my to do list. Doing so will get rid of the cool little easter egg they have in the light but, more and better quality lighting is more important to us. :yup:

Actually, I most people don't realize just how big these Renegades are. Fact of the matter is, they are just as long in wheel base as an old XJ and they have WAY MORE HEAD ROOM too. :yup:

Thanks! All the way home, we kept on referring to the Renegade as "the Renegade" and eventually, Cindy started referring to it as just "Renny" for short. The name stuck and we both liked it and so it was. :cool:

Well, the Renegades are a big hit in Europe now and I personally think it will be a huge seller globally just as FCA is wanting it to be. With the sub-compact SUV or "B-SUV" market taking off as being the fastest growing segment here in the U.S. and, being that the Renegade is the only one in it's class to be a worth 4WD that still gets 30 MPG, it is my feeling that it will be a big hit. While we got a Trailhawk that had most every bell and whistle you can get, you can get a 4WD Sport for as little as $19k. Obviously, the Renegade will never compete on the same level as a Wrangler but really, I don't think it was ever intended to.

Looks great brother congrats. I want to get one for Shea and I to keep at the condo in La Quinta.

rubi-roo

I love this. I went to Jeep.ca to build a Trailhawk for fun and it came out to nearly $37,000 in Canada, not including the removable roof. Pricey up here.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

Well that makes sense. Didn't make that connection. 👍

You'll have to get her her WAL decals and bring her down for an SnG. 🍻

JK_Mafia

Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing one in person when they hit the dealerships here in Colorado soon.

Wingsnut72

Congrats on the Renegade. I think they're pretty cool. I saw one at the Motortrend Autoshow in Sandy Utah a couple months back. It was the same color and model. Very nice. How about a video walk around of Renny? The Renegade in Sandy was roped off. Couldn't get within 20 feet of it. I was surprised at how large the Renegade actually was.

longarmwj

I have yet to see one in person. Looking forward to what comes of these as far as modifications and trail use goes.

Trail JK

Nice that it appears Truck-Lites will work! Can you show us a pic of the easter egg in the light?

Top Bottom