rentals in moab

Wethy

been a while since i've posted here since lifes gotten in the way, buttttt my fiancee and i are taking a road trip down to moab from ontario canada like we did back in 2019 but being that im in a two door and we're going to have significantly more stuff to take with us this time, i was wondering if anyone knew if any of the rental companies are still renting out 2 dr Jks..... in all honesty im looking to rent/borrow a back seat as we're eloping and im hoping to rent a back seat for our photographer and not have to drag mine 3000 miles across the country and back along with everything else we'll need to bring. i do plan on calling a bunch of them tomorrow but i imagine i'll come up short on that as im sure they've all switched to JLUs based on any of the websites i can find.

TLDR: any jeep rentals still renting 2drs or maybe any leads on someone in town there that'd like to make a few bucks and lose their seat for a day or two?

thanks in advance!

GP NOIR

Hooked
Ya know, backseat shenanigans usually take place before the proposal.

When do you plan to be down here?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
been a while since i've posted here since lifes gotten in the way, buttttt my fiancee and i are taking a road trip down to moab from ontario canada like we did back in 2019 but being that im in a two door and we're going to have significantly more stuff to take with us this time, i was wondering if anyone knew if any of the rental companies are still renting out 2 dr Jks..... in all honesty im looking to rent/borrow a back seat as we're eloping and im hoping to rent a back seat for our photographer and not have to drag mine 3000 miles across the country and back along with everything else we'll need to bring. i do plan on calling a bunch of them tomorrow but i imagine i'll come up short on that as im sure they've all switched to JLUs based on any of the websites i can find.

TLDR: any jeep rentals still renting 2drs or maybe any leads on someone in town there that'd like to make a few bucks and lose their seat for a day or two?

thanks in advance!
Last time we had any friends rent a Jeep, Barlows still had 2-doors. Granted, that was a few years back but I would try them.

Wethy

Ya know, backseat shenanigans usually take place before the proposal.

When do you plan to be down here?
Ha ha either way there’s not much room for that in a 2dr! That’s a tight space with low headroom LOL

and we’ll be arriving on the 25th and leaving Moab on the 29th

Wethy

You want to rent a seat? Did you let that thought roll around your head before posting this?
Yeah I did, It’s either rent/borrow one or haul my own back seat 3500 miles for like 8hours for an extra person to use and then haul it all the way back . Or rent a whole jeep just so our photographer has some where to sit when we drive from spot to spot for photos. I know it sounds weird but my options are definitely limited.

When we drove down the last time I didn’t bring the back seat(as I never usually have it in anyways) so it wasn’t an issue. We’ll have even more stuff this time so it’s something I’ve been trying to figure out

Wethy

Last time we had any friends rent a Jeep, Barlows still had 2-doors. Granted, that was a few years back but I would try them.
Awesome I haven’t had a chance but I’ll call them first. I’ve just pretty much assumed based on most of the rental websites are showing, is that all of the companies have pretty much switched to 4 doors.

unicornsandrainbows

Caught the Bug
It might be worth a call to Moab Motorsports (the Trail Mater guy). They are a repair shop and recovery outfit and might have an extra seat lying around or know where to borrow one.
Also, congrats on eloping. My hubby and I eloped in Moab as well, Dead Horse Point, because we have a sick sense of humor.

Wethy

It might be worth a call to Moab Motorsports (the Trail Mater guy). They are a repair shop and recovery outfit and might have an extra seat lying around or know where to borrow one.
Also, congrats on eloping. My hubby and I eloped in Moab as well, Dead Horse Point, because we have a sick sense of humor.
Thanks! I’ll try them too. And yeah we’re the type to spend extra money on adventures rather than all inclusives so eloping just made sense for us. And we want the jeep there too so we can do some more off-roading in Moab lol. But being a 2dr just makes the lack of space inconvenient lol

Wethy

What about renting or borrowing a small trail
I’ve had a similar thought but unfortunately I don’t know about safe storage while I’m down there and hauling a trailer across the country seems like a huge pain in the ass

one option I thought of was getting a big storage tote and one of those hitch mounted racks. Then I could store the less important stuff in there and hang it off the back. But ideally id like to not have to worry about that if possible. Hence the weird/wild idea of renting/borrowing a back seat since id only need it for a day. And You know when overlanderJK’s questioning your logic, it’s probably flawed from the start lol

burnt clutch

Why wouldn’t a JLU work? If I were the photographer, I’d charge extra for having to get in and out of that backseat! 😆

But seriously, does the photographer have a car? Just have him/her follow you.

Wethy

Why wouldn’t a JLU work? If I were the photographer, I’d charge extra for having to get in and out of that backseat! 😆

But seriously, does the photographer have a car? Just have him/her follow you.
I have a 2dr jk and no plans to buy a new vehicle yet lol so renting/borrowing a seat is the better play I’ve spent enough on my jk as it is. And yes she does however well be either attempting top of the world or a couple other spots that are deemed the usual “high clearance 4x4 required”

Wethy

A Crown Vic will carry plenty of gear-

Drive your Jeep down and leave the rear seat behind. Rent a Jeep and hire a guide to drive the photographer while you’re in Moab.
I could but just from looking even to rent a jeep there is like 300+ a day. I couldn’t imagine what a guide and a jeep would cost.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I might be able to drive down after work Friday the 23rd and meet you in Moab. I live on the west side of the Wasatch Mountains about three hours from Moab. I have a 2012 Rubicon 2 door. Maybe we could team up and I could drive your photographer on Saturday and part of Sunday.

I gotta work the Friday before and the Monday after.

I assume your photographer is based in Utah?

burnt clutch

I have a 2dr jk and no plans to buy a new vehicle yet lol so renting/borrowing a seat is the better play I’ve spent enough on my jk as it is. And yes she does however well be either attempting top of the world or a couple other spots that are deemed the usual “high clearance 4x4 required”

I meant renting a JLU. Look at Car-part.net as well. Listings from salvage yards. I’ve seen stuff on there for pretty cheap.

Also be warned, if you’re heading there this month, it’s a big gamble. Everything is a muddy, icy mess down there right now. We’ve got more storms coming as well. Hope it’ll work out for you!

Wethy

I meant renting a JLU. Look at Car-part.net as well. Listings from salvage yards. I’ve seen stuff on there for pretty cheap.

Also be warned, if you’re heading there this month, it’s a big gamble. Everything is a muddy, icy mess down there right now. We’ve got more storms coming as well. Hope it’ll work out for
We don’t want to to rent if we don’t have to. As silly as it may sound we want to take the jeep as it’s been a big part in all the past booo adventures and we wanted some photos with it too.

also thanks for the warning but we’ll be there after EJS at the end of April so I’d presume it’ll be much better conditions by then. Hopefully atleast lol

Top Bottom