Replace Upper or Lower Control Arms on 2.5 Lift ?

Replace Which Front Arms?

• Front Upper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Front Lower

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dotnetrob

i quit following the thread after the pages and page of one on one fighting. Got old quick. Gotta love the internet, were memes replace good content.

yes, lost a bit of ground clearance. But my jeep is my daily driver, 99% of the time is on the road, have put on 41k miles in a year and a half. I don't get to take my jeep offroad monthly unfortunately, and between the new wheels and tires(coming soon), tire carrier, etc.. i went the cheaper route.

WJCO

Meme King
i quit following the thread after the pages and page of one on one fighting. Got old quick. Gotta love the internet, were memes replace good content.

yes, lost a bit of ground clearance. But my jeep is my daily driver, 99% of the time is on the road, have put on 41k miles in a year and a half. I don't get to take my jeep offroad monthly unfortunately, and between the new wheels and tires(coming soon), tire carrier, etc.. i went the cheaper route.

Your money, your Jeep, so whatever makes you happy. Just not sure why you asked for advice back then or now and didn't listen to any of it. And it sounds like your original concern back in January of a steep drive line angle still hasn't been fixed.

Oh, and that "one on one fighting?" That was Eddie trying to make sure information stayed accurate for your benefit in your thread. You are welcome.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Your money, your Jeep, so whatever makes you happy. Just not sure why you asked for advice back then or now and didn't listen to any of it. And it sounds like your original concern back in January of a steep drive line angle still hasn't been fixed.

Oh, and that " one on one fighting?" That was Eddie trying to make sure information stayed accurate for your benefit in your thread. You are welcome.

^^^^ What he said

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i quit following the thread after the pages and page of one on one fighting.

LOL!! Of course you did. You were after all, the one without a clue and a person incapable of following a discussion based on facts and first hand experiences. Clearly, you confused an intelligent conversation with the idea that it might be, "fighting."

USMC Wrangler

Cool story. So you didn't really want solid advice, handed out at no cost to you. Yep, gotta love the internet. [emoji849]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

When the "cheaper" route warps and breaks let us know so we can say that we told you so.

Christ you could have at least gotten the Rancho ones that are fully boxed in and stronger. :grayno:

joose

There is no confusion of this thread. What I get from all this is if you have a tall enough lift or axle swaps upper and lower control arms are needed. If that is if you do not want vibration or breakage on the trails. What brand you use (like Eddie is saying) is a preference based on people you know, and experiences you see on the trails. JUST SAYIN:crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
There is no confusion of this thread. What I get from all this is if you have a tall enough lift or axle swaps upper and lower control arms are needed. If that is if you do not want vibration or breakage on the trails. What brand you use (like Eddie is saying) is a preference based on people you know, and experiences you see on the trails. JUST SAYIN:crazyeyes:

With a actual 2.5 inch lift, you may be just fine with re-using all stock arms. If you wanted to dial in the front a little closer to stock, you could do so with Front Lower Arms and nothing else.

joose

With a actual 2.5 inch lift, you may be just fine with re-using all stock arms. If you wanted to dial in the front a little closer to stock, you could do so with Front Lower Arms and nothing else.

I had no upper or lower's on a 2.5 lift on my 2 door, and upgraded to new Dynatrac PR44 front & pr60 in rear. Had to put upper & lowers on to get my angles back to factory.

WJCO

Meme King
I had no upper or lower's on a 2.5 lift on my 2 door, and upgraded to new Dynatrac PR44 front & pr60 in rear. Had to put upper & lowers on to get my angles back to factory.

Gotcha. I assume your ProRock came with extra built in caster maybe?

Top Bottom