Rides like a tank. RK 3.5

jkjurny

In a different thread on here, I posted about my TF coils breaking in and losing clearance on my rear speed bumps. I think that the way I park my Jeep makes the coils compress more and causes a permanent sag.

Would the Evo coils have the same issue? I now rotate my parking. Forward and backwards to spread the load on the springs.

Or I can park forwards and just get 4" in the back and 3" in the front hoping it all balance out?

Anyone else have a similar parking situation? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384015304.792635.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a different thread on here, I posted about my TF coils breaking in and losing clearance on my rear speed bumps. I think that the way I park my Jeep makes the coils compress more and causes a permanent sag.

Would the Evo coils have the same issue? I now rotate my parking. Forward and backwards to spread the load on the springs.

Or I can park forwards and just get 4" in the back and 3" in the front hoping it all balance out?

Anyone else have a similar parking situation?

I've run TF coils and, once they settle, they do sit lower in the rear. I don't think your parking has anything to do with it or, at least it shouldn't with a good quality spring. Of course, that could be the issue. I too have run Speed Bumps and really didn't care for them. My first set were too tall and basically gave me about an inch of clearance to the jounce pad. Being that they are nothing more than foam in a can, every bump felt like a hard hit followed by a push up. I complained about it to TF and they sent me out shorter ones but, they didn't feel much better. I ended up just removing them and was much happier.

I should note that Plush Ride coils will sit lower than the TF coils you have now. In other words, if you're having problems with your speed bumps, you will effectively be sitting on them with Plush Rides.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Ride height is very dependent on weight with the Evo coil. I am not running a rear bumper or a tire carrier. My spare is latched down were the back seat should be. If you are in the colorado area and want to feel the ride pm me.

bl17z90

Eddie, what are you thoughts on my dilemma?

I have the AEV 2.5 kit with bilstines, a JKS front track bar, a Rusty's Rear Track bar, and JKS quick disco sway bar links.

I want to have as much flex as I can out of a coil lift and have a comfortable ride and be able to clear 37's one day if I decide to go that big. With the parts I have would it be more cost effective and practical to just buy a full on enforcer package and sell the entire kit I have or should I save some of the parts I currently have and just peice a lift together?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, what are you thoughts on my dilemma?

I have the AEV 2.5 kit with bilstines, a JKS front track bar, a Rusty's Rear Track bar, and JKS quick disco sway bar links.

I want to have as much flex as I can out of a coil lift and have a comfortable ride and be able to clear 37's one day if I decide to go that big. With the parts I have would it be more cost effective and practical to just buy a full on enforcer package and sell the entire kit I have or should I save some of the parts I currently have and just peice a lift together?

With a taller lift coils, your shocks will most likely be too short and I would recommend that you install a draglink flip/track bar relocation bracket up front. While you won't have to get rid of it, your front adjustable track bar will no longer be needed. The same could be said of the rear. Needless to say, about the only thing you can keep is your sway bar discos. Does that help to answer your question?

bl17z90

Yes it does, so my original plan to just buy the full on enforcer kit when I have the cash is still the best way to go.

NAUJK

Last Friday I installed Evo 3" Plush Ride coils and I must say, Eddie isnt just trying to talk everyone into Evo gear. As he says ride is all objective... but seriously these coils are amazing!! I replaced my 2.5" RC BB and my JKUR Springs on my 2dr and man do these new coils ride amazingly. I am running them with OME long travel shocks up front and Bilstein 5100s in the rear and even with the suspension geometry being off with my control arms it still feels way better than what I had before and way better than my brothers 2.5" TF coils which are harder than a rock..

Initial measurements of the height these coils gave my 2 door are right around 4" but I am running light no rear bumper my tire carrier doesnt weigh a lot and my front bumper and is also very light weight.

Ill go take some pictures in the parking lot in profile get a good idea of what it looks like. But for now here is a beautiful shot of my new Evo Legs flexing on Monday

20131111_124833.jpg .

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Wow! Looks amazing. Been wanting some of those. How is your drive shaft? Will you have to replace? I wonder if I don't do extreme flexing would I have to change out?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wow! Looks amazing. Been wanting some of those. How is your drive shaft? Will you have to replace? I wonder if I don't do extreme flexing would I have to change out?

You will eventually. I still run the stock shaft but blew out the boot on the first trip post lift. That said I am still running it and will until it goes but you also have more crappy weather to deal with then I do. The mud, road salt and snow will do worse then the sunshine does.

NAUJK

Thanks! They are great springs I wish I had pulled the trigger on them earlier! The driveshaft will need to be replaced sometime soon but Ill probably run it till I cant.

Profile pictures Sadly unless I can find someone selling for cheap or wanting to trade im stuck with the 33s I have for a while.
20131113_093947.jpg

20131113_094018.jpg

20131113_094038.jpg

Ill just say it... If you are on the fence about getting these coils. Do it. :twocents:

Cheers :beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks! They are great springs I wish I had pulled the trigger on them earlier! The driveshaft will need to be replaced sometime soon but Ill probably run it till I cant.

Profile pictures Sadly unless I can find someone selling for cheap or wanting to trade im stuck with the 33s I have for a while.
View attachment 56471

View attachment 56472

View attachment 56473

Ill just say it... If you are on the fence about getting these coils. Do it. :twocents:

Cheers :beer:

looks good man! now fill in those gaps with some 35's or even 37's! :rock:

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Listen and learn, Eddie has run and aswell had acess to more spring/shock combos than most of us could hope for. I know in my experience, coils are going to be the most determining factor in your ride quality . Now, if you wish to keep a stiffer spring that holds weight well might I suggest when shopping go with a C rated load range tire instead of a D or E . Prevalent are the E range tires in 35 and 37in size. After running D and E tires, now running C's, I can tell you the difference is pretty dramatic on stiffer coils to make for a softer ride. May not be a perfect fix , but if you already have stiff coils, and are in need/ want of larger tires, E range are just going to exasperate the problem of having a stiff ride.

bl17z90

Thanks!! I really need bigger tires just can't afford them :(

Good things come to those who wait. Took me over a year to convince my lady to let me get tires.:bleh: Hhe good side to the long wait was by the time I finally bought them i had changed my mind from getting bfg km2 in a 33" size to 35" trail grapplers.

Sent from my phone?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You will eventually. I still run the stock shaft but blew out the boot on the first trip post lift. That said I am still running it and will until it goes but you also have more crappy weather to deal with then I do. The mud, road salt and snow will do worse then the sunshine does.

I thought you had a teraflex kit. Did you change to plush springs?

Top Bottom