River Raiders Hi-Lift Hood Mounts

Krieger

After reading many posts about this I'm
Going to ditch the High lift and get a bottle jack, I'm kinda tired of looking at it anyways. And it's always rattling so as of this evening it's gone. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

newtdog

I've had two hi lift jacks and I sold them both. Now I use the stock jack with this thing and it work pretty good.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399499669.259899.jpg

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a brand new Hi-lift never used - I use the AEV stock lift base and stock jack but also have a bottle jack.

I'm going to have local weld shop weld a piece of U-channel on the bottle jack to have the axle stay on better

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the stock scissor jack, it should be noted that they are designed for a stock JK. You build up your Jeep and add some weight and it can twist and collapse on you. Ask me how I know. A 6-ton bottle jack will be a lot more stable, go taller and do the job better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been looking into one of these. Aside from craftsman, any other brand you'd recommend and/or stay away from?

X2 on this! What's a good one out there?

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU

I carry a bottle jack that I bought from Napa a long time ago and it still serves its purpose well. Having said that, I'm sure you could just pick one up from Harbor Freight and call it a day. I mean, it's a bottle jack and not a flux capacitor. Just try not to get one that is bigger than 6-tons as it'll be too big and difficult to position under your Jeep especially on the rocks. There really are all kinds of cool tricks I can show you using one.

ttfhell

I carry a bottle jack that I bought from Napa a long time ago and it still serves its purpose well. Having said that, I'm sure you could just pick one up from Harbor Freight and call it a day. I mean, it's a bottle jack and not a flux capacitor. Just try not to get one that is bigger than 6-tons as it'll be too big and difficult to position under your Jeep especially on the rocks. There really are all kinds of cool tricks I can show you using one.

Fireside tricks at Rubicon Springs!

dannymalkin

I never thought of any other uses for a bottle jack, care to share any? Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough! :thumbup:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I won't lie, Hi-Lifts scare me and only started carrying a 6-ton bottle jack because of it. I have been around one too many instances where we just got lucky that nobody got hurt.

I never cared for them. When I was working in a body shop, we used a similar tool we called a "monkey on a stick", you could actually hook a chain to it to pull and straighten steel bumpers. Amazing I still have all 10 digits after using the damn thing. Are the Hi-lifts a little safer if you have a bumper with mounts, like the 1/4 pounder? Just didn't know if the slots in the bumper helped stabilize it or not.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I never cared for them. When I was working in a body shop, we used a similar tool we called a "monkey on a stick", you could actually hook a chain to it to pull and straighten steel bumpers. Amazing I still have all 10 digits after using the damn thing. Are the Hi-lifts a little safer if you have a bumper with mounts, like the 1/4 pounder? Just didn't know if the slots in the bumper helped stabilize it or not.

probably, but they get blocked with a stinger.:idontknow:

Top Bottom