RK 3.5 Mid Arm X Factor question

Maertz

Banned
Yea I have the wedges in. But the coils are still in a pitched position.

cut and weld, otherwise i believe theres an evo rear trackbar bracket that pushes it slightly away from the axle, i think its even bolt on if you dont want to cut/weld.

Ziloh22

cut and weld, otherwise i believe theres an evo rear trackbar bracket that pushes it slightly away from the axle, i think its even bolt on if you dont want to cut/weld.

Oh yea ? I've never seen that bracket through Evo ?

whiteyjfm

I am no expert at all, but if your traction control comes on too when you turn, then you might have damage a wheel speed sensor or abs line while installing the lift. Just a thought. After my lift the steering wheel was slightly off centre and I had a "rubbing / grinding" feeling while turning and that was due to the abs kicking in. After straightening the steering wheel, all was good.

Not saying this is your problem but you might just want to check all the censors and wires.

Ziloh22

I am no expert at all, but if your traction control comes on too when you turn, then you might have damage a wheel speed sensor or abs line while installing the lift. Just a thought. After my lift the steering wheel was slightly off centre and I had a "rubbing / grinding" feeling while turning and that was due to the abs kicking in. After straightening the steering wheel, all was good.

Not saying this is your problem but you might just want to check all the censors and wires.

YES, This was something I noticed. The abs wire was rubbing on the shaft U Joints and there is now a rub line taken out of it but it's now zip tied out of the way. But would this still cause it to wack out around turns ? And what would explain the rubbing noise I still hear :(

Ziloh22

I think that I am going to replace the Driver side ABS speed sensor. Maybe it's ruined from rubbing the u joint on the axle.

whiteyjfm

YES, This was something I noticed. The abs wire was rubbing on the shaft U Joints and there is now a rub line taken out of it but it's now zip tied out of the way. But would this still cause it to wack out around turns ? And what would explain the rubbing noise I still hear :(

Well, I am not sure what the rubbing / sound feeling is that you have, but on ours it was the abs that went nuts and was breaking, not breaking, breaking….. You get the idea. The whole Jeep was shacking. It sounded and felt like something was rubbing but it was not.

That was our experience.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would def appreciate pics ! I almost want to remove the fenders and liners just to see if it still happens or not, One other note. My rear trackbar skims my passenger coil spring by a hair, there is a rub area on it, I don't think this would have an effect on the tires and traction control though.

I'll try to take some in the morning.

As mentioned, your rear track bar problem is common with RK lifts. It's because of the shortest length you can set their control arms is way too long. Sure, you can run wedges but, as you have seen, it doesn't do much good. JKS makes adjustable lower perches and I would install a set of them to fix your problem. As far as your traction control goes, no, it would have no effect on them. If you have a bad wheel speed sensor, your ABS light would be on.

bl17z90

With as much backspacing as you have this probably isn't an issue but do you have the factory air dam? Are you rubbing that?

Sent from my phone?

Maertz

Banned
Nah. That was the first thing I took off when I got the jeep home lol

If it does only when turning left i still would think its the front tires, probably the front right if it does not do it steering right. Any chance you could have a buddy go real slow turning left while you slowly walk and look to see whats possibly going on?

Ziloh22

If it does only when turning left i still would think its the front tires, probably the front right if it does not do it steering right. Any chance you could have a buddy go real slow turning left while you slowly walk and look to see whats possibly going on?

Unfortunately I tried that a few times. I even hooked up my damn gopro. It only happens when I'm going 20mph or faster. And last night it happened turning to the right too. Just threw my traction control on. I'm going to replace that damaged abs sensor today and see what makes of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I found a shot in one of my galleries that'll help show how much I had to trim to clear my 37's. Please note that the red lines indicate where I had trimmed. As you will see, I also do not run fender liners...

DSC08998.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It only happens when I'm going 20mph or faster. And last night it happened turning to the right too. Just threw my traction control on. I'm going to replace that damaged abs sensor today and see what makes of it.

Well, if the sound you are hearing is a metallic sound, it very well could just be your brakes being activated due to your ESP system kicking in. The light on your dash would only really come on if significant braking is applied. Perhaps your problem is all coming from your speed sensor. Either way, it's cheap and easy to replace so, that might be where you should start.

Maertz

Banned
Here are some pictures of mine cut also, they look like hell here, but a flap disc will clean them up nice. I also agree with wayalife that you should check this to be safe also especially if the rk kit pushed the axle back a bit. Mind you mine is cut more than yours will need to be.

Ziloh22

Thanks for the pics guys.

Side note. I pulled the abs fuse J6 and I drove around a bit and the vibration is still there... I just spoke with smashboogie4x4 here in jersey and they suggested to check the wheel bearings.

Ziloh22

Can I ask you all a question. What about having the computer reprogrammed/ re calibrated for a 37 inch tire ? Could this be why it throws on traction control because it's still thinking it's a smaller tire ?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can I ask you all a question. What about having the computer reprogrammed/ re calibrated for a 37 inch tire ? Could this be why it throws on traction control because it's still thinking it's a smaller tire ?

It's totally plausible. I would look into a programmer as it's good to have. Look at the superchips flashpaq

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the pics guys.

Side note. I pulled the abs fuse J6 and I drove around a bit and the vibration is still there... I just spoke with smashboogie4x4 here in jersey and they suggested to check the wheel bearings.

What vibration? I thought you had a rubbing problem when moving and turning left. Is this vibration constant? If not, I seriously doubt it's your bearings.

No. Your odometer and shift points will be off but that's about it.

Ziloh22

What vibration? I thought you had a rubbing problem when moving and turning left. Is this vibration constant? If not, I seriously doubt it's your bearings.

No. Your odometer and shift points will be off but that's about it.

Man I wish you were closer lol. But yes. Its a vibrating noise/rubbing sound when barely turning left while driving 20mph+

Anyway I took the pass hub off. And I'm getting some crunching noises in it when i spin it..... I'm going to throw a new one in and see if it solves my problem. ( I have a buddy who gets me great deals from napa). But if not... I really don't know what else to do.. I feel I have done everything in my power that I could do...

Top Bottom