RK, MC or EVO lower control arms?

JDDK

I stand corrected. They are holding up fine. I try not to bash my jeep too hard as its my dd for 100 miles per day...and i also am running a tera30 still. Again, before coming to Wayalife...I am like a haters posterboy ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
They did have great customer service and gave me my money back and resigned it.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Tommy Boy:

"Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."

Hey I didn't put another metalcloak tierod on. Lol.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Classic quote!

Hot94Z28

So does or is EVO making a rear lower control arm? My RK arms suck only thing I liked about them is the bend for ground clearance. They are two years old maybe 15,000 miles and look like shit.

Jake Wilson

I have the EVO's on mine and they are some beefy control arms lol. I have absolutely no complaints about them. Everyone who sees mine always take a double look because they really are that thick. As for clearance, I don't know about the RC but I haven't had any issues with the EVO.

Jake Wilson

So does or is EVO making a rear lower control arm? My RK arms suck only thing I liked about them is the bend for ground clearance. They are two years old maybe 15,000 miles and look like shit.

EVO has rear control arms yes. You just gotta call them if you only want the lower.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

They are supposed to be making some soon I think. But not at this moment

cis911

Anyways going back to the op, from the 3 that you gave this is how I would start crossing some out. First I would look for a control arm that has flex joints on both sides. So rock krawler is out. Next I would get one that is fully adjustable while it's still bolted on the vehicle. Mc is out of the running. This is why I would go with evo :) I know it's not up in the op but I know it was mentioned, Currie does had two flex joints but it's missing the double adjustable sleeve. EVO WINS

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Anyways going back to the op, from the 3 that you gave this is how I would start crossing some out. First I would look for a control arm that has flex joints on both sides. So rock krawler is out. Next I would get one that is fully adjustable while it's still bolted on the vehicle. Mc is out of the running. This is why I would go with evo :) I know it's not up in the op but I know it was mentioned, Currie does had two flex joints but it's missing the double adjustable sleeve. EVO WINS

Rock krawlers new arms have flex joint like a Johnny joint on both ends now.

Jeepfan30

Thanks for all the information. When I posted to WOL I knew most members were supportive of EVO, but enjoyed all the back and forth comments about the other brands! I decided to order the Metalcloak front lowers based off almost all positive feedback. They don't feel as beefy as the RK arms, but they are much easier to work with and overall ride quality is a little smoother on and off road that the RK. The difference isn't night and day, but noticeable. I really love EVO products and heard that they may be offering rear uppers soon? Anyone have info about that? Thanks,

Last edited:
Top Bottom