Rock Crawler lift

SPOOOBY

3.5 on stock fenders 35's work good,cut fenders 37" or 38

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Budget boost or leveling kit is what it's sounding like. You can run a 2.5 inch budget boost for now and clear 35s, then when you can upgrade or when/if you want to upgrade you can possibly sell it to somebody in the same boat your in right now and get most of your money back.

Or a leveling kit and trim the fender flares to run 35s. And once again if/when you upgrade you could sell it to somebody starting out.

Beav068

3.5 rock krawler mid arm flex is 1200 $

The reason I was looking at the 2.5 kit was that it included the shocks. I'm fairly certain I'd need new shocks, correct?

The ~$1000 doesn't include tires and wheels.

My concern with block kits is ride quality. Not having had such a lift, I'm worried the ride would be harsh and/or I'd lose wheel travel.

Please forgive any ignorance. I'm fairly new to the modding world.

Tim

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

SPOOOBY

Love my rock krawler kit,and all there lifts are upgradeable,if you bought the 3.5 you could convert to long arm later only out 2 adjustable arms

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The reason I was looking at the 2.5 kit was that it included the shocks. I'm fairly certain I'd need new shocks, correct?

My concern with block kits is ride quality. Not having had such a lift, I'm worried the ride would be harsh and/or I'd lose wheel travel.

Tim

If you want a soft ride, better than stock, go EVO

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

Tim

By block kit do you mean a spacer lift? if yes, then the ride will be exactly as you have now as it doesn't change the spring rate. Google spacer kits and you can see all of the components. You could even download instructions to further explain the kit. With a shock extension kit you can keep your existing shocks as well. Look, if you are unsure as to what you want to do, don't throw good money after bad. Start off with a spacer kit and run a set of 35's. Then get out and wheel with some guys - you'll be surprised what you can do with them. Then you can see what everyone else is running and you can compare what's out there on other Jeeps.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
My suggestion would be to spend the money once, so with an evo enforcer and kings or ranchos. Do it right the first time around. If your really itching for a lift, follow jerry's (DDays) advice. Buy an evo leveling kit, throw some wheel spacers on, trim your flares, and ride it out and experience different lifts in fellow jeepers rigs.

I previously ran an evo leveling kit on my 4 door with 35s and was AMAZED at what my 235$ got me. I definitely recommend this kit.

Before fender trim
IMG_1477358486.747549.jpg

I loved the leveling kit so much, i fucking bought it a second time around for my 2dr. Paired up with some longer shocks, youd think it was an enforcer.

IMG_1477358618.888093.jpg

IMG_1477358638.803844.jpg

IMG_1477358662.809951.jpg

IMG_1477358685.564030.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
^^ I can vouch for that - you went everywhere you wanted. I was impressed as hell. Those shocks really do the job man!
Did you tighten up that bumper yet? ;)

Draconianwinter

Just my thoughts. I was looking at many different kits including the rk 2.5 inch ones. After running the numbers and reading many comments, if you can say Just hold off a little longer and increase you're budget to 2200 you could do the evo enforcer add the drag link flip kit and the fox evolution shocks for that price range.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

chitown35

LOSER
Metalcloak control arms are awesome. Soft ride and more than enough available flex. So are the track bars and rear track bar bracket for great diff clearance and roll center. I'd go with their lift 100 times over just for that stuff. Springs are great if you have them but the people that don't, don't seem to follow along with the thought process on them. Of course your spring/shock combo should be paired.

If you want a lift that does well for off camber stability (depending on which kit) as well as at speed, MC is a good way to go. But if you're ever thinking of going to 40s, coilovers for their adjustability, or long arms, MC may not be the best choice.

I plan on 37s max, have their 6pak shocks, and am willing to do the work it takes to line everything up just right. For my needs, it works great.

With a $1000 budget you just have your foot in the door. So I'd decide for sure where I wanted to go later on before spending a bunch of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Metalcloak control arms are awesome. Soft ride and more than enough available flex. So are the track bars and rear track bar bracket for great diff clearance and roll center. I'd go with their lift 100 times over just for that stuff. Springs are great if you have them but the people that don't, don't seem to follow along with the thought process on them. Of course your spring/shock combo should be paired.

If you want a lift that does well for off camber stability (depending on which kit) as well as at speed, MC is a good way to go. But if you're ever thinking of going to 40s, coilovers for their adjustability, or long arms, MC may not be the best choice.

I plan on 37s max, have their 6pak shocks, and am willing to do the work it takes to line everything up just right. For my needs, it works great.

With a $1000 budget you just have your foot in the door. So I'd decide for sure where I wanted to go later on before spending a bunch of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Control arms are what determine flex and ride softness? Learn something new everyday. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom