Rock Hard Sport Cage-Front & Rear Seat Harness Bars, who's got em?

Sick JK

I run the poison spyder sport cage. I love it! I do not get any noise from it at all. But Eddie is right, it is a pain in the ass to install.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Thread HighJack!

Does the Rock Hard fit the 2014 model? Last time I checked their website it still said 2007-2013.

Does anyone have the rear support ( behind the rear seats) installed? Hoping GCM2 will comment..( if your not taking cover Greg. Stay safe btw!!).

Are you talking about the rear streamer that connects the B pillar to the rear roll cage or for 5 point harnesses?

Are you talking about the rear streamer that connects the B pillar to the rear roll cage or for 5 point harnesses?

See the picture in #1 post. For the 5 point harnesses, wondering how it ties into the body and would it give any support in a flop. After reading GCM2's thread about his flop in JV, wondering if that bar may give some support.

See the picture in #1 post. For the 5 point harnesses, wondering how it ties into the body and would it give any support in a flop. After reading GCM2's thread about his flop in JV, wondering if that bar may give some support.

Looks like it is mounted like the lower support for the sport cage with Allen bolts and threaded into the bar support. Look at the picture and you will see four shiny Allen bolts. It is just like my sport cage.

R/
Will

Ldogg

I modded my T-Bar tonight to add a MOLLE panel. I had one on my old trek armor shade but I sold that after I got my RockHard sport cage. I had a company make me a 5"x20" panel. I didn't realize it would only be 2 MOLLE straps so a little bigger may have been better. I made the admin panel work though and that's really what I wanted up there. It's 4 screws, one in each corner and then velcro backing to keep it right to the metal. They sewed in the Velcro on the panel side, I used sticky velcro on the metal side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404269868.278584.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404269877.128079.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404269887.200444.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404269898.019335.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404269905.115321.jpg

I am back thinking about adding the bar behind the front seats that attaches to the B pillars. Who is running 5 point harnesses and what harnesses are you running? Also, what hardware are you running to attach the harnesses? Synergy offers this first one, $100 for both front seats and gives you a point to anchor the one between your legs. Mastercraft offers the second and third one, $100 each side and no point for the crotch strap. PPM-5811-100.jpg 624405.png 624406.png

BadApple

Heres mine i still havent painted my front or rear i bought the master craft 16.1 3 inch belts for the front and run and run 4 point j spec harnesses in the back.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418101267708.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418101267708.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 173

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Heres mine i still havent painted my front or rear i bought the master craft 16.1 3 inch belts for the front and run and run 4 point j spec harnesses in the back.

I think soon im gonna finally order the harness bar, seems like itll be time for a new drive seat anyway since my stock "leather" is splitting.

JAGS

Hooked
Are you able to run multi-point harness belts with the factory seats? Either front and/or rear using the harness bars? Saw the post about the brackets for the front, but not sure if these harnesses are meant to solely run with aftermarket race seats? Maybe this is a stupid and obvious question, but I'm honestly not sure.

BadApple

Are you able to run multi-point harness belts with the factory seats? Either front and/or rear using the harness bars? Saw the post about the brackets for the front, but not sure if these harnesses are meant to solely run with aftermarket race seats? Maybe this is a stupid and obvious question, but I'm honestly not sure.
Yes you can run 3/4/5 points with factory seats only with the harness bars, unless you dont mind being a few inches shorter or worse in the incident of a crash or if you just want them for looks. Factory seats do not have the reinforcement to hold up if the harnesses are just mounted and thrown over your shoulder. The harnesses need to be at or a little above shoulder height to be effective. I have 5 points front and 4 points rear for my kids.

JAGS

Hooked
Yes you can run 3/4/5 points with factory seats only with the harness bars, unless you dont mind being a few inches shorter or worse in the incident of a crash or if you just want them for looks. Factory seats do not have the reinforcement to hold up if the harnesses are just mounted and thrown over your shoulder. The harnesses need to be at or a little above shoulder height to be effective. I have 5 points front and 4 points rear for my kids.

Thanks for responding. What seats are you running in back for the kids with harnesses? Crippledpety is running buckets. I haven't seen seen aftermarkets that would allow a harness and still fold down like the stock bench.

Top Bottom