Rock Krawler DTD?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like Front DTD between RK and EVO seems not much different and probably same benefit? Same thing about front coilover between Rebel and EVO which seem same benefit.

But for Rear DTD between RK and EVO, I said EVO is best since it more clearance from rock and not worry about getting damage like regular rear coilover on bottom. RK put coilover position on the rear lca seems like nice idea but I'm not quite sure if that help with travel shock better? If it is but it more limit to adjust from soft to firm? Again, same idea betweent Rebel and Evo for Rear coilover, EVO has better travel and better protection on bottom of coilover compare to Rebel.

If it's 3-links on rear, forget it. Like Eddie and other said, if 4-links and got one of links damage, you still can ride. 3-links and one of arms damage, you done. I tried to replace my LCA and I got a little bit accident (forgot to hold axle to frame) and I can see why. :crazyeyes:

The Rebel kit is maybe more on par with the EVO bolt on kit - NOT the DTD. Nowhere even close.

noroad

Side question looking at the axle(in post one) it looks like a triangle 4 like but reversed, does any one else make this so that you can ditch the track bars?

FuriousDz

What's everyone's opinion on Rock Krawler's parts/suspension? Before I ultimately decided on going with EVO, I strongly considered RK because it seems like they make quality products. Now a buddy of mine is in the same dilemma I was in between EVO and RK. What's your thoughts?

I ran their kit and the parts are made well, I dont really have anything negative to say about the durability but I will say the springs were way too stiff for my liking and that the joints after some time could be a little squeaky.

Jk909

I ran their kit and the parts are made well, I dont really have anything negative to say about the durability but I will say the springs were way too stiff for my liking and that the joints after some time could be a little squeaky.

Don't their joints use oil instead of grease? I've been debating on trying out there control arms for a while now

JokerJKU

This is my question as well, it looks pretty cool

Per Rock Krawler's facebook page it's what they are calling a "Reverse Wishbone" and it eliminates the need for a trackbar (given the trailing arm set-up they are using, they had to come up with a way to ditch the trackbar because the side to side movement of the axle simply can't work with the tolerances they have to be working under). It uses their front 3 link mount and 2 new rear axle side mounts. Moves the axle back 4 inches to clear the gas tank.

They've been pretty responsive to questions regarding the two new kits they have coming out. Well, everything except for release dates. They've been teasing the RockRacer kit since at least last summer.

Coloradan

Per Rock Krawler's facebook page it's what they are calling a "Reverse Wishbone" and it eliminates the need for a trackbar (given the trailing arm set-up they are using, they had to come up with a way to ditch the trackbar because the side to side movement of the axle simply can't work with the tolerances they have to be working under). It uses their front 3 link mount and 2 new rear axle side mounts. Moves the axle back 4 inches to clear the gas tank.

They've been pretty responsive to questions regarding the two new kits they have coming out. Well, everything except for release dates. They've been teasing the RockRacer kit since at least last summer.

It looks pretty awesome, thanks for digging this up!

BlueBox

I prefer Johnny Joints over the RK joints or standard polyurethane joints that RK uses. I prefer the ride quality of Plush Ride coils over RK coils. For these specific reasons, I would go with EVO over RK when it comes to lift kits but, this is not to say that I haven't run RK products like their HD transmission pan or tie-rod with good results in the past.

Just curious, have you rode their new triple rate coils? I'm running the 2.5's right now and was pretty impressed. Don't have nearly the experience with other products to compare to though.

As for the arms, they're pretty beefy. My biggest complaint is the PITA it is to get the jam nuts torqued down to their spec, while having to take them off to adjust. Once set and on though I've been very happy with them.

JakeJK

The rock runner system is out and for sale according to their internet site

Edit I believe it's the one you're talking about I may be wrong though

Last edited:

BigPrince

The rock runner system is out and for sale according to their internet site
The new kits are called "Trail Gunner" and "Rock Racer"
In a reply on Facebook they stated the trail gunner will be out 9/1 and rock racer before SEMA(Nov)

dannymalkin

I was at a show and saw a rock krawler jeep that I believe was running this kit. It looked nice until I looked at the details. The adjustment knob was contacting the axle C and they didn't trim the body at all for the tires. It almost seemed as if they hadn't even tested it yet. This was late June of this year

Attachments

• 1440164975568.jpg
    1440164975568.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 1440165007763.jpg
    1440165007763.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 1440165064229.jpg
    1440165064229.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 328

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was at a show and saw a rock krawler jeep that I believe was running this kit. It looked nice until I looked at the details. The adjustment knob was contacting the axle C and they didn't trim the body at all for the tires. It almost seemed as if they hadn't even tested it yet. This was late June of this year

That looks thrown together for sure.

Sithwindu

The silver and blue jeep that that jeep is mounted on was the Ginny pig for these systems, the second was probably just thrown together for shoes and advertisement, but I remember see constant photo's of that two door hitting the dunes and trails and such, interested to see how this system holds up

Top Bottom