Rock lights wires

noroad

I have no idea of the watts that they are pulling thats why i figured i would run 2 power lines! they are just small leds i cant imagine them not getting enough power!

JEEPnGEO

What do the ends look like? At the end of the lights are the wires loose or connected? I am thinking the end not connected to power needs to go from negative to positive. Were they connected that way before you cut them?

Here is a really strange question but do you have the wire going to the right place? The last couple of lights I have installed had the white wire as then ground. Just a thought.

R/
Will

noroad

Soooo pulled all the shrink rap and tape off and got a volt tester on the power and grounds 12.14 across the bored. Must be the stupid lights im so pissed!

JEEPnGEO

Some more questions? Are they mounted? If not take a single one and just jump it to the battery. I would ditch any relays you have in place for this set of lights. Negative to the lights with a plain old switch interrupting the positive. I would put a .5 amp or 1 amp fuse inline with the positive before the switch. Since the factory wiring seems to be 22/24 gauge I wouldn't use anything larger than 18. Keep it skinny. To much copper for such a low draw there may be a lot of resistance. We are talking LED not light bulbs. What size wire are you using. I have bought spools of wire that were kinked and had small breaks in it.

Just because it looks like it is soldered it may not be. I work on 30 year old pinball machines and I am use to re-soldering joints. Everyone has to use led free stuff now. I still use lead solder until I run out.

pvanweelden

Try this- take a wire from battery positive and a wire from battery negative and go straight to one of the lights to test- I can't believe that all the lights are bad. or easier yet-You could also take a 9 volt battery with leads to one of the lights
9volttest.jpg
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Leocon

Soooo pulled all the shrink rap and tape off and got a volt tester on the power and grounds 12.14 across the bored. Must be the stupid lights im so pissed!

Have you just tested one light?
It's prob something really simple, kinda like a string of christmas tree lights...
Some times you have to take a step back to move forward, I would test a couple single
lights to your power and ground source then, try a couple pair in series...

noroad

Finally ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395523716.678167.jpg the stupid lights are marked wrong the neg is positive and the positive is neg wtf i have a lot of rewiring to do fml

JEEPnGEO

EXCELLENT!!!

My brother-in-law bought headlights from ebay and was wondering why the lights were so dim. I told him to reverse the wires (they were crimped on not soldered) and BAM bright as hell.. Lots of stuff gets overlooked Q/C costs money.. lol

Top Bottom