Rock Sliders -- body or frame -- on a budget

TeamFaust

Not sure if you've seen this but I have the EVO sliders with a custom angle. Wife and kids use this as a step and it works great.

Hadn't seen those, since having a "step" is a necessity this just might do the trick. Wife and kids do okay in and out even thought no flat surface? How far out do they extend from body -- I'm guessing about the same as the OEM Sahara style side steps?

TeamFaust

Jags and Frank -- are yours actually "custom" angled or are they the "low angle" version that it looks like they offer? If you had them done custom do you know what the angle is?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Hadn't seen those, since having a "step" is a necessity this just might do the trick. Wife and kids do okay in and out even thought no flat surface? How far out do they extend from body -- I'm guessing about the same as the OEM Sahara style side steps?

It's enough to get your foot on there and hop in. Russ can even get in with his stilettos, no problem.

Edit: custom angle is what they were called just order the "low" or custom angle and you'll be fine.

JAGS

Hooked
Jags and Frank -- are yours actually "custom" angled or are they the "low angle" version that it looks like they offer? If you had them done custom do you know what the angle is?

When we ordered they were called "custom" angle, but yes, now they are the low angle and EVO builds these out on a more regular basis. Same thing. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Per Drew at ORE (I sent them a quick email asking the question), "it rolls out about 3" away from the body vs. approx 1/2" away with the standard sliders."

and Frank that was helpful too :yup:

I posted a shot of it from the wheel well area. Should give a pretty good idea of appearance/angles along with what frank posted. :thumb:

ttfhell

I've felt on a handful of times that the sliders in the lower angle option have kept my doors/fenders off of rocks more than if they were the standard option. Edit

Last edited:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
You guys are awesome. Well thats what it said on the wall in some room at the gas station.

Thanks for the photos and extra info. I likey!:2thumbsup:

Top Bottom