Rock Sliders -- body or frame -- on a budget

PLucas

Banned
Just my 2 cents. I was looking for some rocker protection my self just yesterday, and the two names that made my top list were Evo (rock sliders) and Poison Spider (rocker knockers). Now just as I was about to pull the trigger on the Evo I realize that they require a weld-on installation (I do not want to do that, because I might switch back from time to my step for the Mrs.), and if you want them texture black, well they are for local pick up only (I live in TX). So this morning I pulled the trigger on the Poison Spider's and by next the end of next week they should be on the JK. I will post a photo by then, if you still haven't decided, and well I hope it helps you.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Just remember that the slider isn't going to be an actual step. Meaning, its almost as high up as the floorboard. I don't even usey LOD sliders and they even come with an actual step...

With that said, I would get a frame mounted slider. No way I would trust dragging the jeep across a rock on a body mounted slider...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just remember that the slider isn't going to be an actual step. Meaning, its almost as high up as the floorboard. I don't even usey LOD sliders and they even come with an actual step...

With that said, I would get a frame mounted slider. No way I would trust dragging the jeep across a rock on a body mounted slider...

I disagree. Most people will be able to get there leg up that high but they can't swing it far away and into the jeep. This they can step onto the slider and then into the jeep.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I've felt on a handful of times that the sliders in the lower angle option have kept my doors/fenders off of rocks more than if they were the standard option. Edit

I have noticed this too. The low angle sliders while having a bit less overall clearance do give a bit more protection in my opinion.

Sithwindu

I'm running the poison spyder rocker knockers frame mounted version with the rock skins. They are just like the body mounted, but bolted on to the frame (you can weld if you'd like) easy install too. But they are extremely close to the body and low profile, no way you can put a foot on the slider without stepping awkward. The rock skins I would image if you hit a rock hard enough your slider with hit a big plate of steel instead of your sheet metal.

I chose the poison spyder option for the style, and they were frame mounted, otherwise I'd opt for the Evo sliders

cuongdyna

I disagree also. I'm 5'4 and every time I get into my jk I use my LOD slider as a step.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Damn, maybe this means I need to lift my jeep... I'm only 5'7" and I find it awkward to use as a step. :confused:

Top Bottom