Rockslide Engineering step sliders.

jeeeep

Hooked
seems like any slider that you may want to use as a step will still be a 1st big step, I bought the XRC's for the "step" like and while it helps, it's still pretty funny watching short folks hike it up to get in.

I'm still considering the Rockslides but waiting for more input from actual users.

suicideking

I ordered the Evo 2 weeks ago and had them bend them out so they can be used as a step.

I don't really need a step, but wife insisted for herself and our 2 kids.

As mentioned, if you need a step, there's a bunch that can be used as a step. I considered many options when I was looking including: Evo, LOD, Shrockworks. Those were the 3 I was considering. Others that have a step: Ace, Pure Jeep, JCR. There are many others.

2007 JKU

Banned
I've got them on mine...used them as pivot points to help getting around some of the larger rocks on the Rubicon...little paint came off thats it. One thing I would do, well did do:) is add more attachment points at the body line, just drill in between each existing hole and use more nut-certs-bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 314

2007 JKU

Banned
This JK spent its LIFE on the Hammers and every hard core trail in the west....previous owner rode it hard not a undamaged pannel on it.....doors and body are now perfect...:D Suspension's been revamped using RK products and just finished adding PS's cage and rear corner armor. New Leather heated interior.....2012 lc9 and 6l80e are going in next month.. then either Prorocks or I'll build up a D60/Sterling 10.5 next winter..

Jack diddly

Are EVO rocks skins compatible with the rock slide engineering step slider?

Are EVO rock skins compatible with the rock slide engineering step slider?

Are EVO rock skins compatible with the rock slide engineering step slider?

The holes won't line up. I had bought skins and sliders from EVO to run on my new rig. My father gifted me a set of RSE steps and since they are made in Utah I drove up to see how we could make them work together ( the EVO skins and RSE sliders). For a little bit more money, RSE has an integrated set of rock skins. I had already mounted my EVO skins to my jeep. I took my EVO skins up to RSE and they were able to match me a set of skin/sliders to my EVO drill hole pattern. Hope that helps. IMG_1480056692.680637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jack diddly

The holes won't line up. I had bought skins and sliders from EVO to run on my new rig. My father gifted me a set of RSE steps and since they are made in Utah I drove up to see how we could make them work together ( the EVO skins and RSE sliders). For a little bit more money, RSE has an integrated set of rock skins. I had already mounted my EVO skins to my jeep. I took my EVO skins up to RSE and they were able to match me a set of skin/sliders to my EVO drill hole pattern. Hope that helps. View attachment 232078

Hey, thank you very much for the info. Helps out a lot. I'll just go with RSE rocks skins then.

I have had them for about two years now and love them. I have beat on them hard in Moab to the best Colorado trails. They have held up great with no problems. I've scratched some powdercoat off but that's about it.

Bribass1

I have had them for a little over a week and the passenger side step malfunctioned, stuck in the open position... I like them and they seem strong, but possibly a bit "glitchy". Anyone else have this problem yet and what did you do to fix it? IMG_2910.JPG

A guy I wheel with bashed his rse sliders on a rock. The auto lift functionality stopped working after that. Wasn't a hard hit...could have been a bad apple...who knows. I'm just not sure how I feel about putting something electrical in a spot that is bound to receive a ton of abuse.

I have had them for a little over a week and the passenger side step malfunctioned, stuck in the open position... I like them and they seem strong, but possibly a bit "glitchy". Anyone else have this problem yet and what did you do to fix it? View attachment 236770

You just need to adjust it. Jump on their site or give them a call. Kevin will walk you through it. It's really pretty easy and once they are adjusted, shouldn't have a problem. One thing I can add though is keep the rollers( moving parts) lubed with some silicone spray lube!!

A guy I wheel with bashed his rse sliders on a rock. The auto lift functionality stopped working after that. Wasn't a hard hit...could have been a bad apple...who knows. I'm just not sure how I feel about putting something electrical in a spot that is bound to receive a ton of abuse.

I've run mine in Moab, multiple local trails and with a group from here on the Rubicon this summer with them. They still work great.

Jack diddly

The holes won't line up. I had bought skins and sliders from EVO to run on my new rig. My father gifted me a set of RSE steps and since they are made in Utah I drove up to see how we could make them work together ( the EVO skins and RSE sliders). For a little bit more money, RSE has an integrated set of rock skins. I had already mounted my EVO skins to my jeep. I took my EVO skins up to RSE and they were able to match me a set of skin/sliders to my EVO drill hole pattern. Hope that helps. View attachment 232078

Hey. Thanks for the help a while back. Feel rude for not keeping you posted. Here's the upgrades. Bet it looks familiar[emoji12] 20170316_190131.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
I hear you, $1500 was what I saw at one point :eek: But I may need something like this for my wife to access. She is very much a "City" girl from Buenous Aries Argentina. She loves her jeep, but once I get and lift my JK she will have an issue with access. I'd also rather not have to carry a step stool and have to wip it out every time she needs to get in or out LOL...

Been there, doing that...

Hey. Thanks for the help a while back. Feel rude for not keeping you posted. Here's the upgrades. Bet it looks familiar[emoji12] View attachment 258910

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

As you can see, they have a set now with "Armor" and they have upgraded their motor design to be more robust. The set on my Dad's JKUR was the 3rd set they ever installed. That was like 5 years ago or so and we've only ever had little issues which were remedied pretty quickly.

I know on Aspenkids JKUR, we smacked them pretty dang hard a couple of times at EJS this year with no issue, plus used them as sliders as you would expect. They also have a new skid plate for them. Overall, I'm pretty impressed... In fact as soon as we get a couple of other things done on my DAD's JK, we are going to go see to upgrade that one to armor and the new design.

The one thing you *HAVE* to remember with these... If you are wheeling, leave them OFF... it's not good to open a door and see them extend or try to retract into the rocks! :) And if they are extended and you leave them down... well, so much for all that ground clearance....!

AdrockTT

I have these on my rig. My wife is 5'3" and we have a 5 mo baby. These are one of my fav additions to the Jeep by FAR (even for my 6'1" self). I think my wife would literally detest a Jeep on 40s w/o these. The distance they project down is very helpful (much unlike other steps or pseduo-steps using angled sliders - which require such a high first step you might as well just aim for the door sill/floorboard). Mine are lighted with grip tape and have been reliable so far. The steps that deploy tuck up inside the slider casing, so it would be hard to damage the step portion. I have the newer versions with the stout motors, upgraded control box/brain, and the side armor.

Caveat - I haven't had the Jeep outta the shop yet to wheel it and abuse it with these on...but believe me I will :) I will be bashing them on rocks starting Memorial day weekend - so durability report to follow (though I am not worried and their customer service seems great if there's any issues). Further review to follow, but initial impression is thumbs UP! (Minus biting the bullet on cost).

2011jk

I had them....great for mild trails but if you hit harder trails where they will be needed to pivot on rocks or take a big hit they will fail.

Top Bottom