Rockslide Engineering step sliders.

Brute

Hooked
A guy in our group had them when we ran the Rubicon last August...he took a hit on the driver side first day on a rock and it wouldn't deploy for the rest of the trip

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hangemhigh1

Definately want to know about anyone that has them. I was considering them as my wife will never be able to climb into the JK once I get it the way I want it...

I'm hoping that they will be able to hold up to both hits and slides and still work properly. my worry of course is to take a hit and pinch the drop step in the unit, blowing the lowering motor. Also I wanted to make sure they have a "disable" switch available as I don't want them deploying on the trail if I'm on a rock (or close) and have them try to open if I open my door...

Just installed in my wife's Jeep, they work well and do have a switch to turn them on and off. They also have a delay so that the motor that lowers the step doesn't get hot as the doors are opening and closing multiple times. IMG_4917.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

R

RockyMtnAnvil

A guy in our group had them when we ran the Rubicon last August...he took a hit on the driver side first day on a rock and it wouldn't deploy for the rest of the trip

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was my first concern when I saw these... Great idea, but just too many moving parts to take that kind of abuse and still operate.

Hangemhigh1

Definately want to know about anyone that has them. I was considering them as my wife will never be able to climb into the JK once I get it the way I want it...

I'm hoping that they will be able to hold up to both hits and slides and still work properly. my worry of course is to take a hit and pinch the drop step in the unit, blowing the lowering motor. Also I wanted to make sure they have a "disable" switch available as I don't want them deploying on the trail if I'm on a rock (or close) and have them try to open if I open my door...

There is a you tube video for Rock Slide Engineering that shows them taking a descent amount of abuse and still operating.

jeeeep

Hooked
There is a you tube video for Rock Slide Engineering that shows them taking a descent amount of abuse and still operating.
That's controlled abuse.
Two years ago Easter Jeep Safari they were out on the trail and took a real world hit, they didn't deploy after that.

if it's just sliding and minor hits they seem to work well.
if you're doing anything that will cause your Jeep to actually drop its full weight on them I would rethink it

Top Bottom