Rolll cage thread

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What's the problem with the rear section?

You need to run the top quick disconects if you want to put the top down since the rear cross bar is in the way. Rockhard could have had the bar a little more forward but they said then it would be a saftey issue for people in the back seat. I usually dont have anyone back there, but just incase it makes sense to where it is, but annoying the top is one more step to put down. For me, the worst part is putting it back up yourself with the disconects since the last time it was a fight but I was trying to rush which didnt help.

Peak

Ahh thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to remove that piece when putting the top down or not having other passengers? I was thinking about adding the harness bar but only installing it whenever I go wheeling and storing when I'm not. Would this be a safety issue that you know of to continuously install and remove it? For both the rear bar and harness bar.

Ahh thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to remove that piece when putting the top down or not having other passengers? I was thinking about adding the harness bar but only installing it whenever I go wheeling and storing when I'm not. Would this be a safety issue that you know of to continuously install and remove it? For both the rear bar and harness bar.

I think that will get old pretty quick... (both cases)

GR8WHITE

Posion spyder here. I do have one major complaint. If I have the hard doors on (which I rarely do) the cage moves slightly from side to side (when going down the road) and the cage hits the doors. Causing a very annoying rattle.

BigPrince

Posion spyder here. I do have one major complaint. If I have the hard doors on (which I rarely do) the cage moves slightly from side to side (when going down the road) and the cage hits the doors. Causing a very annoying rattle.

I think my Genright frame tie-ins may be keeping mine from doing that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Really? That would annoy the hell out of me. If the cage is bolted to the floor, the side of the tub by the doors, and the top of the windshield frame, how is it moving side to side? Where is it hitting the doors?

My OR-Fab felt solid as hell. It was a bitch to install, but I loved the look and it was quiet. I wish they still made them.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

Not the harness bar, its the rear upper section thats in the way. Im sure only one side being disconnected would work, maybe ill try it when I get home and report back. I never drop the top much anyway tho so its not an issue for me.

GR8WHITE

Really? That would annoy the hell out of me. If the cage is bolted to the floor, the side of the tub by the doors, and the top of the windshield frame, how is it moving side to side? Where is it hitting the doors?

My OR-Fab felt solid as hell. It was a bitch to install, but I loved the look and it was quiet. I wish they still made them.
The Poison Spyder cage does not tie into the windshield frame. (The windshield is free standing with no support) it hits the door on the side panel toward the top of the dash. I can take a pic later were the powder coat is getting knocked off.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The Poison Spyder cage does not tie into the windshield frame. (The windshield is free standing with no support) it hits the door on the side panel toward the top of the dash. I can take a pic later were the powder coat is getting knocked off.

Wow, I didn't know that. I can't for the life of me understand why it wouldn't tie in to the windshield frame.

BigPrince

I asked PSC before ordering mine and they said they were working on something to address the window tie-in but did not have an estimate on timeframe or even what they were thinking to share. So I had the stock portion cutoff and welded on and then the frame tie-in added.

From the top(looks better from the bottom and not even really noticeable behind the molding):

cage6.jpg

I misunderstood what you meant earlier. I also had the same issue with my side plate rubbing my passenger door. We just adjusted the door hinge out ever so slightly and no more problem.

DESERTDAD

Great Thread !!
This is my next move and I was pretty set on the PSC but the windshield brace is a real bummer??:thinking:

big dr

I have the Rock Hard and love it. It was purchased after speaking with the owner of RH at Tierra Del Sol 2 years ago. He is a really good guy and it is definitely a family business. He spent about 30 minutes with me and told me a lot about the design and where it is actually designed to bend, or give just a little bit, rather than just shear and fail. He also told me he had something like 27, or 127 confirmed roll overs with his cage ( sorry I cant remember which # it was, I realize its a huge difference) the roll overs have been slow speed singles on a trail, and high speed multi rolls on the highway. They have never failed to do what they are supposed to. He earned my respect and business that day. I also purchased the RH skids and am totally happy with them as well. --------- NUT SWING OVER------:beer:

GR8WHITE

I asked PSC before ordering mine and they said they were working on something to address the window tie-in but did not have an estimate on timeframe or even what they were thinking to share. So I had the stock portion cutoff and welded on and then the frame tie-in added.
I misunderstood what you meant earlier. I also had the same issue with my side plate rubbing my passenger door. We just adjusted the door hinge out ever so slightly and no more problem.
Good idea welding on the factory windshield support. I have moved my door hangers out a little also but it's still there. I am always running my bestop soft doors so it's not a huge deal.

SaddleTramp

I'll second the choice for RockHard if you're going bolt-on. PSC had great stuff too but the cage design is lacking, too many install and fitament issues, squeaks, need for work arounds, etc. to ever justify it over the RH.

You won't notice the dash bar, if adjusted lower, it isn't any higher than the top/front edge of you hood. In other words, it didn't block any view of the road for me.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436318724.357086.jpg

Top Bottom