Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Finally got a pic of this guy in the overland gti, equipped with roof rack and hella lights......

Attachments

• 1365449766811.jpg
    1365449766811.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 149
I have a Jeep with a snorkel and a rack on my tire carrier (I want a roof rack, but money doesn't allow it yet) and I don't see myself as an "Overlander". I also want a trailer with a RTT (because, like Eddie pointed out earlier, it raises your COG for no good reason). Still wouldn't consider myself an "Overlander". I'm a member of Expedition Portal and have one of their stickers on my Jeep. Still, not an Overlander. Most people do it because they like the look or they think that a camping trip to campsites equates to expedition.

For the record, my Jeep has "rock crawler" suspension and the reason for the snorkel...well, for as long as I can remember I've wanted a Jeep with a snorkel on it. And yes, I know this thread has been turned into grab-assery. Haha :bleh:

I watched a video the other day, and the definition was so simple, it blew my mind. Basically, a overland vehicle is a vehicle you DEPEND on for MORE than just transport. Nothing less, nothing more. Simple as that. I thought that was a great and simple definition.

I watched a video the other day, and the definition was so simple, it blew my mind. Basically, a overland vehicle is a vehicle you DEPEND on for MORE than just transport. Nothing less, nothing more. Simple as that. I thought that was a great and simple definition.

I don't get it....

WOL, looks like another one got hooked. You gonna keep this one or still on the catch and release program. :cheesy:

Funny, that's what my "Jeep" is - a vehicle that I depend on for more than just transport. Nothing less, nothing more. Simple as that. :idontknow:

People depend on their cars to be a pounding stereo

Others depend on their car to win money at the dragstrip

A few depend on their car to display their questionable taste in mods

Some depend on their car to provide a roomy backseat for unmentionable liaisons

You'll find a number who depend on their car to decorate the front yard while assuring that their cinder blocks don't float away on a summer's breeze

This list could go on indefinitely, but shows that a simple definition is often an insufficient definition, as I wouldn't describe most cars as "overlanders" simply because they do more than transport...

In fact, would not your average "overlander" not be more simply a vehicle depended upon to transport into hard to reach destinations?

Is Mel constructing an Overland stroller :thinking:

734011_569995856354383_575173460_n.jpg

Top Bottom