Roof rack

crowrb29

I went with a 2001 XJ roof rack rails and then purchased the Surrco Rack and the a set of the xj hard ware and love!

I also like the Gobi as well but I did not like the full cage that comes down on the body so much.
Did you just screw the xj rails right into the hard top? Do they come off with the top so you can go straight topless?

munstie

Any problems with the hardtop flexing or creaking with the rails bolted thru.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I made my own rails and cross bars. Bolt to hard top and works great I use for my kayaks but can add a basket too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubicrawl

They sell the basket and the bolt on brackets for hard top 100% bolt on there's a pick when you click on the PDF

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Would be awesome if I could find an aluminum basket that will work with this setup...would be nice to keep the weight to a minimum.

Malokgashvog

I'm telling you guys, the Gobi racks are the best... Very stable and strong, no drilling or welding. They fit very well and snug to the Jeep. They mount onto the rear bumper brackets and then onto the forward windshield bracket

rubicrawl

I'm telling you guys, the Gobi racks are the best... Very stable and strong, no drilling or welding. They fit very well and snug to the Jeep. They mount onto the rear bumper brackets and then onto the forward windshield bracket

I'm not running a rear bumber would I need to run one in order to install the rear section

Top Bottom