Roof rack

CerOf

I've got a Gobi on order personally; however, AEV has a light weight, 68lbs rack. Only works on the JKU and does require drill through hard top.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

UpsideUp

I went with a 2001 XJ roof rack rails and then purchased the Surrco Rack and the a set of the xj hard ware and love!

I also like the Gobi as well but I did not like the full cage that comes down on the body so much.

I love the set up but what are the cables running to your hood latches utilzed for? Probably a noob question? Thanks

Armydog

Limb risers
They move branches up and out of your field of view

I've seen miles and miles of Texas

The limb riser set up on your truck looks awesome!!!! Did you fabricate the tabs on the hood latches and upper windshield yourself or are those commercially available? I have not been able to find any for my TJ. GREAT SETUP

NTXRUBICON

Thanks!

I made them myself.
I think I put a thread on here that shows how I made them.

NTXRUBICON

Here is the post I did on them
Originally Posted by jhires

I wouldn't mind seeing how you attached the wires that protect your windshield.

Here in the PNW, you are more likely to be on a trail that has branches sticking out into it, than not.

Here are some pics of the project if these are not what you need let me know and I will go snap some more shots for you.

Hope it helps!

UpsideUp

Pretty ingenious! I had never heard of such things. And have been in several situations where those would have been helpful. Way better than hearing the scrape and creaking of limbs climbing over your windshield. Not to mention taking one at speed and breaking the windshield. Good work!

Top Bottom