Rotopax..

Brute

Hooked
I should also note that I tried the Rotopax locking mount, but the locks don't last in the weather and become very difficult to open. The last time I removed the cylinders, it took me about 10 minutes to get then to open, so they were both tossed in the nearest garbage can and replaced with a 7 foot cable and a padlock that locks to my jack. I just looped the cable around the handles on the passenger side cans, ran the end through the gas can you see in the picture and hooked to the lock. When I carry the chainsaw, I loop the cable through the handle before it goes through the drivers side tank, which makes the chainsaw harder to steal as well. If the padlock fails, I can cut it off without much work...not so easy with the Rotopax lock fails. The cable and lock were also a lot less expensive than one Rotopax lock.

I've had to continually spray wd-40 into the rotopax locks to prevent them from jamming up as well...they are not made from the best quality steel...

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Just got my Rotopax today will see how they work. Very nice so far. And with the mounts do they have a warranty? I know the pax do.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Rotopax mount search

Looking for suggestions on a Rotopax mount. Would like to go through the spare and across with a 4 gallon. Something adjustable to keep it tight to the tire. I'm running rear LOD Signature Series w/carrier. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

CCTX50

Looking for suggestions on a Rotopax mount. Would like to go through the spare and across with a 4 gallon. Something adjustable to keep it tight to the tire. I'm running rear LOD Signature Series w/carrier. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

LOD website has several attachments available.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
LOD website has several attachments available.[/QUOTE]

Yes looked there already. They only show the side mount. Looking for something that goes through the wheel.
Edit: Look's like I found it.
EVO-1163B.png

Last edited:

reywcms

Ordered mine through 4wp. Had one leak from the seam as we were leaving for a trip. Had to use some epoxy to plug it but they replaced it no questions asked. I’m running it with the EVO Mount and universal rotopax mount. Works out well

Attachments

• ED371663-7097-4268-AD12-D6344E8BBE03.jpg
    ED371663-7097-4268-AD12-D6344E8BBE03.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 81

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Yes looked there already. They only show the side mount. Looking for something that goes through the wheel.
Edit: Look's like I found it.
View attachment 355886

Yep that’s the one. You just need to add the universal Rotopax mount.

Thanks. Just ordered the 4.5 FuelPax and the universal mount. The 4.5 FuelPax comes with the 2 non-locking hardware for $99.99. Not bad..:beer: Ordering the EVO mount now.

rich67

Caught the Bug
IMG_7239.jpg
IMG_7240.jpg
I ordered mine directly from Rotopax. Their customer service is top notch. I don’t like ordering off Amazon. I got the Fuelpax and then ordered a water Rotopax for my camper trailer. I ordered the Jeep spare tire mount directly from Rotopax as well. The only thing I had to get off Amazon was the extension to stack the two Fuelpax; Rotopax was out of them at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdofmemi

View attachment 360259
View attachment 360260
I ordered mine directly from Rotopax. Their customer service is top notch. I don’t like ordering off Amazon. I got the Fuelpax and then ordered a water Rotopax for my camper trailer. I ordered the Jeep spare tire mount directly from Rotopax as well. The only thing I had to get off Amazon was the extension to stack the two Fuelpax; Rotopax was out of them at the time.

Looks good. I may look into one off those mounts.

If I were you, I would adjust it down so they are snug against the tire, so they don't shake and fatigue the mounting brackets.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Looks good. I may look into one off those mounts.

If I were you, I would adjust it down so they are snug against the tire, so they don't shake and fatigue the mounting brackets.

IMG_7405.jpg
Yep, thank you. I was unaware there were two positions for the bracket.

Top Bottom