Rough Country Differential Sikd for rear axle Dana 44

Yeah when it comes to the knuckles it comes down to cost and getting into a foundry. Where even a relatively "big" run/investment from our end, isn't that "big" to a lot of foundries here.
And yes our glide skid is made here.
They work, you lose a little clearance, but they work.

DSC02543_zpsbiopvapc.jpg

Do you know how much clearance you lose on a rear JK Dana 44?

RANCHO;

CAN YOU ACCESS THE DRAIN PLUG OR DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE SKID PLATE?

Last edited:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Yeah when it comes to the knuckles it comes down to cost and getting into a foundry. Where even a relatively "big" run/investment from our end, isn't that "big" to a lot of foundries here.
And yes our glide skid is made here.
They work, you lose a little clearance, but they work.

DSC02543_zpsbiopvapc.jpg

I'm guessing Newcastle or Wollongong foundry?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I honestly don't know on this.
All I know is that a couple of my guys went to visit you folks and Indonesia a year or so ago.
We knew we had to do our shocks a bit different down there.

:D

Matt, do you have a differential cover around you could snap some photos of?

notnalc68

So I have a "show" Dana 60, I can get those tomorrow.
But check this out :)

IMG_19386652979634_zpsdf28ff12.jpeg

Wonderful. I have an Anvil Jeep, and really like your red covers. The front one looks pretty rough, after I drug it all over Hidden Falls, in Texas on the stock tires. I don't care what kind of line you pick, on aired down 31 inchers, or whatever they are, you'll drag your differential.

USMC Wrangler

So I have a "show" Dana 60, I can get those tomorrow.
But check this out :)

IMG_19386652979634_zpsdf28ff12.jpeg

I'm interested in possibly adding the D30/44 covers. In all the pictures I've seen online, I only notice the fill hole. Where is the drain? Also, is there any kind of indicator to help identify when the diff is full while servicing it? I have read here on WAL of the DIY dipstick trick. Just wondering... Thanks!

notnalc68

I'm interested in possibly adding the D30/44 covers. In all the pictures I've seen online, I only notice the fill hole. Where is the drain? Also, is there any kind of indicator to help identify when the diff is full while servicing it? I have read here on WAL of the DIY dipstick trick. Just wondering... Thanks!

IMG_7628.JPG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

The drain is on the axle. That doesn't change with a new diff cover.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I will get the 60 images tomorrow. They will be a similar design to the 30/44.
No indicator, I go off our instruction sheet, then a pinch more, then it spills out. :naw:
I like the DIY route, I think I missed that thread.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Man all of you who answered before me are legit!!!!! :)

So here is the Dana 60 diff cover images

The packaging

IMG_20161118_112257577_zpsrkcg8yeb.jpg

The reveal, packed nicely.

IMG_20161118_112307622_zpsn41tlst8.jpg

The product

IMG_20161118_112351367_zpsqazxk3uc.jpg

Top Bottom