Rough Country Lift Kit

JKBlackie

I have the Rough country 2.5" spacer lift and added Rubi coil springs from a four door to my 2 door. I got about 3.5" lift from stock this way and my ride is pretty good. I am using shock adapters and will be going Rancho mt7000 or 9000's. The kit was 179.00 and rubi springs and shock were 40.00. This setup is great on a budget and when I do upgrade to the Enforcer kit from evo I will not be out much money from this lift to the one I really want. At least now I can enjoy yhe trails until then with out breaking the bank. Something to think about.:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is a really great idea. Piecing it together for cheap for a nicer ride. I will definitely think about that!

So you added Rubi coils and shocks?

What is the big difference between my stock coils on my JKUS and the coils in a Rubi? And the shocks?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
That is a really great idea. Piecing it together for cheap for a nicer ride. I will definitely think about that!

So you added Rubi coils and shocks?

What is the big difference between my stock coils on my JKUS and the coils in a Rubi? And the shocks?

I know for a 2 door if you change the coil from a 4 door to a 2 door it will give you some lift depending on coil number and there rate. The coils I put on are last two #'s18 from and 59 rear. So that yields for me 1.25" of lift and then added the 2.5"spacer. Sense you have a four door depending on spring rate. You can look at the tag on your coil springs to see what you have.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I would go spacers. Until you save your money and get a great kit that will make much happier. Why spend alot for something you will change out later. Alot people complain about the ride of coil lift from Rough Country. Ikd just my 2cents something to think about or other options.

HLKSMSH

So here is my advise on RC I have the 4" x series lift complete lift just over a year old. As of now I have replaced both front and rear track bars and in the process of replacing all the control arms due to them breaking also I run 4.5" synergy springs in the rear now due to the RC springs sagging. I also had to add 1 1/2" coil spacers in the front to bring it back up some after the front started sagging they will be replaced in a few weeks since I have a pair of ORE bolt on coilovers in the shop with my name on them paid for last week thanks DREW. O and not to count there quick disconnects broke a few months after I put them on also. IMHO dont buy RC

JKBlackie

I would go spacers. Until you save your money and get a great kit that will make much happier. Why spend alot for something you will change out later. Alot people complain about the ride of coil lift from Rough Country. Ikd just my 2cents something to think about or other options.

I'm thinking that's how I'll go. Do you think it's worth it to go after a Rubi suspension to go with my coil spacers?

JKBlackie

So here is my advise on RC I have the 4" x series lift complete lift just over a year old. As of now I have replaced both front and rear track bars and in the process of replacing all the control arms due to them breaking also I run 4.5" synergy springs in the rear now due to the RC springs sagging. I also had to add 1 1/2" coil spacers in the front to bring it back up some after the front started sagging they will be replaced in a few weeks since I have a pair of ORE bolt on coilovers in the shop with my name on them paid for last week thanks DREW. O and not to count there quick disconnects broke a few months after I put them on also. IMHO dont buy RC

Wow. Yeah I don't think I'll be going RC. That's a lot of problems!

NV375

Yeah I'm seeing that too! But I'll look into the Rancho kit! Do you run it?
I run this on a 2014 JKUR. I'm real happy with the Rancho 2" sport suspension and RS9000XL shocks. I found it at a good price and had a rebate. It is 2" springs front and 3/4" coil spacers rear. The front shocks limit travel to just before the DS contacts the exhaust. The rear has lots of droop with the new shocks.

It also comes with front bumpstop extensions and rear brake line relocation brackets.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JKBlackie

I run this on a 2014 JKUR. I'm real happy with the Rancho 2" sport suspension and RS9000XL shocks. I found it at a good price and had a rebate. It is 2" springs front and 3/4" coil spacers rear. The front shocks limit travel to just before the DS contacts the exhaust. The rear has lots of droop with the new shocks.

It also comes with front bumpstop extensions and rear brake line relocation brackets.

Ok that's good to know! You're running 37's on this kit? Do you have any pics?

NV375

Ok that's good to know! You're running 37's on this kit? Do you have any pics?
I am not recommending running 37s with this kit. I have loads of rubbing issues in the rear. I am planning to run 35s with this set-up. I am only on 37s temporarily until I can afford new tires. 1401031309415.jpg

JKBlackie

I am not recommending running 37s with this kit. I have loads of rubbing issues in the rear. I am planning to run 35s with this set-up. I am only on 37s temporarily until I can afford new tires. View attachment 85022

Yeah I wasn't planning on running 37's with it. I was more just curious how you were doing it! Haha your rig looks great though! Would 35's sit nicely under the Rancho sport kit?

NV375

Yeah I wasn't planning on running 37's with it. I was more just curious how you were doing it! Haha your rig looks great though! Would 35's sit nicely under the Rancho sport kit?
Thanks. With the cut fenders 35s should work good for me. I do plan on adding things as I go. After I get a new front DS I will look into longer front shocks. In a few years I will probably be riding on an enforcer lift. I expect to start ordering EVO components to build on what I have. Eventually the parts from this kit will be gone. In the short term I have a great ride IMO and for about $80 (after rebate) over just new shocks.

JKBlackie

Thanks. With the cut fenders 35s should work good for me. I do plan on adding things as I go. After I get a new front DS I will look into longer front shocks. In a few years I will probably be riding on an enforcer lift. I expect to start ordering EVO components to build on what I have. Eventually the parts from this kit will be gone. In the short term I have a great ride IMO and for about $80 (after rebate) over just new shocks.

Yeah that's a good point. It seems like it's a cheaper option for a pretty good ride. I may look into that soon. So you think this could be a more economical and beneficial way to lift my rig than a BB?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking that's how I'll go. Do you think it's worth it to go after a Rubi suspension to go with my coil spacers?

Honestly I would go spacers 2.5. And save for the real lift you want. at least you can add larger tires and enjoy trails. The install was pretty easy if you have tools and basic knowledge of mechanics you can save a lot and install your self. Hope that helps.:thumbup:

JKBlackie

Honestly I would go spacers 2.5. And save for the real lift you want. at least you can add larger tires and enjoy trails. The install was pretty easy if you have tools and basic knowledge of mechanics you can save a lot and install your self. Hope that helps.:thumbup:

Yeah that does help! I'll try to decide soon between the Rancho Sport kit and a spacer kit. Similar prices but a few different pros and cons to each I guess.

HLKSMSH

Will the RC lift flex yes but guys trust me the quality is not there. I know a lot of guys want to lift there jeep fast and add bigger tires but you should really just wait a little longer till you can afford what you want. That way your not spending money on parts that you will not use in the long run.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 578547_174271852773186_1697809737_n.jpg
    578547_174271852773186_1697809737_n.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 134

madgunnermaurer

I put the 2.5 lift in and for under 200.00$ I thought it was worth it. The ride is stiffer. And running 17in rims and 275 goodyear kev, I have had no problems, and checked ever 500 miles,, nothing loose.

:rock:

Drunic

I have the Rancho 2" sport with shocks. The week after I installed it I helped my friend with a Rough Country 2.5 BB with pucks and shock extensions install. I'm glad I chose the Rancho, off road the ride is smoother and the body roll/bounce of stock is gone. The RC boost just made my friend's ride taller but the same ride that I didn't like was there (it's all subjective, he likes being .5" taller). We are both on stock tires now so it was a comparable drive. If you don't have a bumper/winch the Rancho might have a much higher front end, it's designed for the added weight up front and balances the rake nicely.

adamsnewone

I used their stage 2 2.5 kit until I got a full aev kit with shocks. It worked fine for me on and offroad. Wheeled it several times with no problems. Now I got one on my girls 4 door rubicon as of a few weeks ago. No problems yet. Rides good. It's just the spacer kit so no springs.

JKBlackie

I have the Rancho 2" sport with shocks. The week after I installed it I helped my friend with a Rough Country 2.5 BB with pucks and shock extensions install. I'm glad I chose the Rancho, off road the ride is smoother and the body roll/bounce of stock is gone. The RC boost just made my friend's ride taller but the same ride that I didn't like was there (it's all subjective, he likes being .5" taller). We are both on stock tires now so it was a comparable drive. If you don't have a bumper/winch the Rancho might have a much higher front end, it's designed for the added weight up front and balances the rake nicely.

Oh ok awesome! That's good information. Do you have any side by side pictures of you and your buddy's rigs?

Top Bottom