Rubicat Back on 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers!!

I was convinced that I was going go leave my rings on my slabs "natural". After seeing RubiCAT with them all done up.......DAMN!!!!
Great shots. I always have 40's envy.

dchotrod

I think I'm going to have to make a recording of it and post it up :yup:
Eddie you should figure out how to cut the tires to "hum" a tune like the rumble strips you guys found a while back![emoji16]

Looks great! Any concerns for the front PR44? I know you mentioned the unit bearings not lasting long as things were... curious how this will change things.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Love the last pic of Rubicat in the garage. I dont know why I like that one the best. It just looks awesome to me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks great! Any concerns for the front PR44? I know you mentioned the unit bearings not lasting long as things were... curious how this will change things.

I don't think they can really wheel it like it is. They would have to cut too much. It's not setup to run 40's like moby is.

I don't think they can really wheel it like it is. They would have to cut too much. It's not setup to run 40's like moby is.

Yea, I kinda' assumed it wouldn't be wheeled much (or at least hard) ...and really why would they with Moby sitting in the next bay? I am just curious how this will impact the ball joints and unit bearings. I know they have the Dynatrac BJs. If they hold up even on the road for long it is a testament to their strength :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man that just looks soo badass. I want mud grapplers now!

LOL!! Before you commit to that, you should know that they are crazy loud :crazyeyes:

Rubicat went from badass to wicked hardcore!! Love the look!

To be clear, Rubicat definitely "looks" wicked hardcore but Moby would out "perform" it in a heartbeat.

Were you sick of the 5:38s and 37s? BTW I couldn't help but wonder which of your jeeps gets the best gas mileage (not including the renegade). LOL!

:cheesy: Funny you would say as much but I never did get used to the 5.38's. Plenty of power but kind of a pain for long trips. The 40's do make it feel much more like a normal Jeep again in terms of regular driving. Pretty sluggish on the climbs though but of course, it's hard not to compare the feel to Moby. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite new jeep you own. Looks awesome!

LOL!! That's because it looks just like your Jeep only on steroids :D

I was convinced that I was going go leave my rings on my slabs "natural". After seeing RubiCAT with them all done up.......DAMN!!!!
Great shots. I always have 40's envy.

Being that you have a white Jeep now, I would leave your slabs as is. :yup:

Looks badass!! Love the stance that tire/wheel combo gave Rubicat [emoji106]

The stance really is about as wide as it gets. I believe the last time I measured, it was about 88" :shock:

I think I'm going to have to make a recording of it and post it up :yup:
Eddie you should figure out how to cut the tires to "hum" a tune like the rumble strips you guys found a while back![emoji16]

:cheesy: now that would be awesome!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Truth be told, I have less concerns for the ProRock 44 housing than I would a UD60.

The weakest link is without question the wheel adapters I currently have. They are what Off Road Evolution set me up with and they're junk. I've run them in the past before on Moby and both times, I've broken wheel studs. I have ordered up some Spidertrax and have always had good luck with them but, it'll be what I keep an eye on the most. The unit bearings are for sure NOT going to hold up and I already anticipate having to replace them on a more regular basis. I am running ProSteers and have confidence that they'll hold up to the pressure or, at least a lot longer. I just picked up a set of AlloyUSA Chromoly shafts with their X-joints and full circle clips and will be running them to help out and I suspect they would hold up better than the 5.38 pinion I have. Speed more than anything will be the deal breaker and so I'll most likely pick and choose what trails I run with this setup.

This would be correct but yesterday, I decided to do a fair amount of cutting. :crazyeyes: I need to do a flex test and find out what else needs to be trimmed but and hoping to make this work so that I "could" wheel it if I really wanted to.

Yea, I kinda' assumed it wouldn't be wheeled much (or at least hard) ...and really why would they with Moby sitting in the next bay? I am just curious how this will impact the ball joints and unit bearings. I know they have the Dynatrac BJs. If they hold up even on the road for long it is a testament to their strength :yup:

The biggest killer of unit bearings and ball joints will be the extreme offset of the wheels from center along with the massive weight. There's just no helping the unit bearings but the ProSteers should hold up a lot better than anything else out there.

Can we get a side by side shot with Moby?

Sure, I'll try to do that today if I can.

That looks freakin sweet Eddie. Hopefully itll hold up this time.

So far so good. Each time we tore apart and reinstalled the beadlocks, we thoroughly checked them for leaks with water and only decided to install them on Rubicat once we no longer saw anymore bubbles. In the past, at least 3 would be flat by morning but I just gave them a look and all is well. :yup:

Top Bottom