RubiCAT on the Rocks - Showing off the new EVO Bolt-On Coilovers

Mechengineer2

Before this post ... :bored01:
After this post ... :drool: :daydream:

OK ... I have to ask this question. With all of the weight of the vehicle now moved to the shock mounts on the front and rear axle housings, any worries on failures related to those brackets? Talking about the lower mounts on the axles not the upper mounts at the frame. Is there anything provided to reinforce these brackets in the bolt-on kit? Couldn't tell in the photos.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Question. Did you remove the inner fender well on the passenger side too? My 2012 has a bunch of electronics right behind the inner fender well towards the back. Do you have a picture of that side you can post or email me? I'd like to compare.

Kim doesn't know it yet but on Saturday I am taking her down to pick up her JKRU in Gecko that came in today. A little surprise for the weekend. Then it is off to build another JK. I like the coil overs and I think that is what will end up on hers.

Prime8

wayoflife said:
LOL - was I that unclear :D

Haha, no. You answered the majority of my questions, but posted questions and responses can get frustrating after a while, and I wanted to evaluate and talk through what would be my best option: HC setup with bolt on coilovers all at once, or go with the Double D and upgrade to the coilovers later. I would have called you instead of Chris, but I don't have your number!

DA RUNT

You can technically run them with factory arms and set your ride height to about 2.5". If your RK kit comes with adjustable arms and track bars, you would be able to use them and to your benefit.

Thanks for the info, think i'm gonna go this route. The RK kit does come with adjustable arms and track bars :wings:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before this post ... :bored01:
After this post ... :drool: :daydream:

OK ... I have to ask this question. With all of the weight of the vehicle now moved to the shock mounts on the front and rear axle housings, any worries on failures related to those brackets? Talking about the lower mounts on the axles not the upper mounts at the frame. Is there anything provided to reinforce these brackets in the bolt-on kit? Couldn't tell in the photos.

the mounts are reinforced up front and in the rear, you use evo rockstars which are by design, reinforced. :yup:

Question. Did you remove the inner fender well on the passenger side too? My 2012 has a bunch of electronics right behind the inner fender well towards the back. Do you have a picture of that side you can post or email me? I'd like to compare.

yes, we removed all the fender liners.

Kim doesn't know it yet but on Saturday I am taking her down to pick up her JKRU in Gecko that came in today. A little surprise for the weekend. Then it is off to build another JK. I like the coil overs and I think that is what will end up on hers.

wow, how cool is that!

Mechengineer2

the mounts are reinforced up front and in the rear, you use evo rockstars which are by design, reinforced. :yup:

Many thanks for the reply. :thumb: If you have some pics in your archives that show the reinforced lower mounts / evo rockstars, could you post them? Cheers!

Toxic

Hey Eddie, you gonna break Rubicat in on Carnage Canyon....??
Loved the vid of when you guys went up it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks for the reply. :thumb: If you have some pics in your archives that show the reinforced lower mounts / evo rockstars, could you post them? Cheers!

we don't have the rock stars installed as we were originally going to do an evo lever system. but, any rock star pic will give you an idea of what it looks like. i'll look around and see if we have anything you can look at.

Eddie how is the ride with these coilovers? Do they ride the a stock JKRU?

honestly, the ride is awesome - WAY BETTER THAN STOCK. of course, being these are coil overs, you can have them set to however you want.

Hey Eddie, you gonna break Rubicat in on Carnage Canyon....??
Loved the vid of when you guys went up it.

LOL!! no, i don't think so. maybe someday though.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member

Here is a pic of the rear kit with EVO Rockstars

main.php

Shot of Rockstar installed with standard shock..

main.php

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I have same trail grapplers as RubiCat, I'm thinking about getting the ATX slabs. Did you have to add spacer to clear or are the offsets on the slabs enough?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have same trail grapplers as RubiCat, I'm thinking about getting the ATX slabs. Did you have to add spacer to clear or are the offsets on the slabs enough?

slabs have 3.5" of backspacing and you will not need any spacers with them :)

Prime8

RanchoRubi said:

Remember, the smaller the number, the more space it provides. Example: Stock wheels are 6"+ backspacing. Slabs have 3.5". Therefore you get 2.5"+ more clearance on the Slabs per wheel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The follow is the official Press Release that was posted on Project-JK and JK-Forum...

main.php

With a foundation in the first and most proven coilover systems for the Jeep JK, EVO MFG brings you its new LCG Bolt-On Coilover System. The EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover kit comes complete with all necessary parts to easily convert the JK from the limited coil and shock system to a far superior performing coilover system. With 12” of usable wheel travel, custom built brackets for the lowest center of gravity and EVO’s legendary SPEC valving and spring rates, the EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover system proves to set the bar, for ease of install, price and performance.

Features:
• Simple and quick installation
• LCG 3”-5” recommended lift height - fully adjustable
• Minimal drilling/cutting required - fully bolt-on
• Hi clearance design
• Retains all factory rear exhaust system
• Retains factory front and rear swaybars
• Contain all necessary parts to convert a standard coil spring suspension system into a coilover system
• Can be used with any long or short control arm system​

Front EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover Kit
w/EVO SPEC Coilovers
$1750

Rear EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover Kit
w/EVO SPEC Coilovers
$1850

Notes:
• Recommended wheel backspacing 3.75” or less (smaller backspacing #)
• 2-Door JK: Front and Rear Aftermarket Driveshaft Required
• 4-Door JK: Front Aftermarket Driveshaft Required, Rear Recommended​

SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER!!*
Order your EVO MFG LCG Bolt-On Coilover kit from Off Road Evolution today and receive the following special offer:

> FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 United States
> NO TAX and if you live in California, Off Road Evolution will PAY for it!
> Receive a FREE EVO T-shirt

* This offer is limited to the first 50 pre-orders only.
Estimated shipping date end of June.

Prime8

AWESOME!!! Now if I just had $3600... Haha. Something to look forward to I guess! Can't wait to hear more reviews!

Top Bottom