Rubicat Snow Play Day - King Canyon

crowrb29

These pictures make me want to move out of SoCal. Really fiending for some snow.

I also love the color contrast between Rubicat and the snow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
have you ever thought about getting tracks for the jk? Or do you not get enough snow?

LOL!! Nah, we don't get enough snow to justify tracks.

Very nice! Envious. That's the one you can run all the way up to Genoa Peak correct? (Maybe a little bit of pavement?)

It takes you from downtown Carson City to the top of Spooner Summit. You can head west a bit on 50 from there and continue on your way to Genoa Peak but that trail is closed right now. Actually, King Canyon has a rock fall that you have to crawl and then a washout close to the top that's a bit too narrow and off camber for our JK's.

Wow those shots are amazing. Looks like Tessa was having as much fun as you guys. Thanks for sharing

Oh yeah, she loves the snow :yup:

Great pics! Can't wait to get our Jeep out in the white stuff someday.

We need to get you guys up here when sometime in the winter :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Some amazing shots as usual! The snow is so beautiful with that landscape. Looks like a boat load of fun! Now I just need some snow instead of this 60* weekend

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some amazing shots as usual! The snow is so beautiful with that landscape. Looks like a boat load of fun! Now I just need some snow instead of this 60* weekend

It's nuts how warm it is back east. So far, this is one of the best winters I've seen in a while.

Got this picture of Rubicat off a FB site called Club attraction.

Yeah, I see the pic has been making its rounds. :crazyeyes: I see that I forgot to watermark the photo - good thing we at least have a very visible windshield banner :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
It's nuts how warm it is back east. So far, this is one of the best winters I've seen in a while.

Yeah, I see the pic has been making its rounds. :crazyeyes: I see that I forgot to watermark the photo - good thing we at least have a very visible windshield banner :yup:

I was thinking they cropped it. Guess you guys were just slacking....or just having to much damn fun!!! [emoji2]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking they cropped it. Guess you guys were just slacking....or just having to much damn fun!!! [emoji2]

LOL - Yeah, we literally woke up, packed up, headed out and then came back home a couple of hours later and posted pics. I thought I had watermarked all of them but just checked and see that I missed a few. :doh: Guess that's what does happen when you're having too much fun. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL - Yeah, we literally woke up, packed up, headed out and then came back home a couple of hours later and posted pics. I thought I had watermarked all of them but just checked and see that I missed a few. :doh: Guess that's what does happen when you're having too much fun. :crazyeyes:

Tough day in the office. Lmao. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

If you guys are running the new CC version of photoshop and lightroom, you can batch-process your watermarks automatically in lightroom. :thumb:

bonedaddy

Woke up this morning to another glorious day filled with snow and couldn't resist the urge to get out in it. So, Cindy and I had a quick cup of coffee, packed up Rubicat and headed up King Canyon to have some fun. Back in the day, this trail used to be a part of the old Lincoln Highway connecting Carson City to Lake Tahoe and before that, was one of many cutoffs along the Emigrant Trail. Today, it's just an easy trail with beautiful views and when it's snowing, can be a great way to kick off the weekend. Anyway, here are a few pics from the fun we had this morning.

Starting our climb.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Heading into the forest.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

A couple shots of Tessa in the snow.
main.php

main.php

Having a bit more fun in Rubicat.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Hope you all enjoyed the fun we had playing in the snow and hope that you all have a great weekend :thumb:

Freakin' Amazing!!! I long for wheelin' like that...

Top Bottom