RubiCats suspension

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh ok gotcha. That's where the confusion was. So, because its not out yet, EVO pretended like it didn't exist when both of us called asking for the long arm kit with high clearance brackets. Any idea when they will be releasing it?

well, for all intents and purposes, it doesn't exist yet. from what i understand, they have been assembling kits and building up inventory prior to releasing it. they hope to have it out very soon.

We're all talking about 2-3 different EVO products here. they make a 4" long arm kit, a high clearance long arm kit (must be used with coilover fronts and evo lever rear) , the enforcer, and now the entry level bolt on coil overs rubicat has....

MY original post was about the about Eddies control arms that he's running with the high clearance brackets, and entry level coil over set up.

I'm sure when Eddie gets back he can clear everything up for us...

correct, off road evolution offers multiple kits and this will be just one more. i have talked to off road evolution and they are glad to hear there's so much interest in the high clearance long arm brackets and will be sure to make them available as a weld in option.

Prime8

Thanks Eddie for clearing that up. Any ballpark figures for the new kit? Just want an idea so I can compare the cost with the Double D setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie for clearing that up. Any ballpark figures for the new kit? Just want an idea so I can compare the cost with the Double D setup.

the double d kit is just their bolt on long arm kit. if you want to get it with weld on high clearance brackets, you will have to special order it that way. i don't think their guys are aware this can be done yet but, i have talked to mel directly and was told that it is something that can be done just like we have. the bolt on coil over system is sold separately and would replace the plush ride coils and any choice of shock that you would normally get with the double d kit. i would imagine that you will be able to order them as a complete kit but, i don't know how much that will be.

Prime8

wayoflife said:
the double d kit is just their bolt on long arm kit. if you want to get it with weld on high clearance brackets, you will have to special order it that way. i don't think their guys are aware this can be done yet but, i have talked to mel directly and was told that it is something that can be done just like we have. the bolt on coil over system is sold separately and would replace the plush ride coils and any choice of shock that you would normally get with the double d kit. i would imagine that you will be able to order them as a complete kit but, i don't know how much that will be.

Ok, so what your saying is that the high clearance brackets absolutely CAN be run with the Double D kit, with normal shocks and springs? Would anything besides the Double D kit and the brackets be.necessary to make that work? Then it would be upgradable to coilovers in the future, right? This is the info I tried to get from Offroad Evolution directly, but the guy said point blank "you can't get the high clearance brackets without the coilovers in front and the EVO Lever in the rear." This is what I've been trying to clear up and it sounds like you are saying something different (and for me, better!) than what Offroad Evolution told me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so what your saying is that the high clearance brackets absolutely CAN be run with the Double D kit, with normal shocks and springs. Would anything besides the Double D kit and the brackets be.necessary to make that work? Then it would be upgradable to coilovers in the future, right? This is the info I tried to get from Offroad Evolution directly, but the guy said point blank "you can't get the high clearance brackets without the coilovers in front and the EVO Lever in the rear." This is what I've been trying to clear up and it sounds like you are saying something different (and for me, better!) than what Offroad Evolution told me.

the only thing absolute that i can say is that both moby and rubicat are both running coil overs, one with the evo lever and one with the new bolt on kit. i have not seen or heard of the high clearance weld on long arm brackets being run with normal shocks and springs and i cannot say for certain if it will work.

Yeti-09

Hey thanks for the clear up. Sometimes all these posts get so confusing!! I placed my order with Jake for the high clearance and some other parts. Ill be ordering the eveo lever and front coils next month. Im not too worried about the welding part of it, just being about to make sure I'm welding things on the axle tubes in the RIGHT place lol. Thanks again

Prime8

388charlie said:
Hey thanks for the clear up. Sometimes all these posts get so confusing!! I placed my order with Jake for the high clearance and some other parts. Ill be ordering the eveo lever and front coils next month. Im not too worried about the welding part of it, just being about to make sure I'm welding things on the axle tubes in the RIGHT place lol. Thanks again

So the high clearance long arm kit on rubicat (minus the coilovers of course) we've been talking about is available for purchase now? Does it have a name? What did you pay for it and what comes with it? Details!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Prime8 said:
So the high clearance long arm kit on rubicat (minus the coilovers of course) we've been talking about is available for purchase now? Does it have a name? What did you pay for it and what comes with it? Details!

Sure is available.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE

It says for Evo lever vehicles, but I'm sure it says that and doesn't mention the entry level coilover kit on Rubicat because it's not officially released yet.

Prime8

highoctane said:
Sure is available.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE

It says for Evo lever vehicles, but I'm sure it says that and doesn't mention the entry level coilover kit on Rubicat because it's not officially released yet.

Yeah, I was aware of this. But disregarded because it said it was for the evolever. So, I guess I'll just have to wait for official release to get an actual price. I figure the price might change if they make it a complete kit, instead of telling you to buy the DoubleD and the upgrade separately. Thanks anyways though.

Top Bottom