Rubicon Area Trails

bhaner

I didn't take many pics on Fordyce because I was busy spotting for others most of the time... But here is what I have!

Water crossings were really low compared to pictures I had seen. Most likely due to work being done on the dam. I don't think the water touched my rockers on any of the crossings.

20200708_154032.jpg

8268.jpg

8266.jpeg

20200708_191515.jpg

20200709_162719.jpg

20200709_162117.jpg

20200708_160804.jpg

20200708_160732.jpg

20200708_160723.jpg

8270.jpg

bhaner

Here is my pic of the Barrett Lake trail...

At least it was a nice drive.

I could have sworn that it showed open as of 6/30 in the website before we left. It showed closed due to Covid until 7/31 after we got back into cell service. :(

20200706_130357.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Awesome shots! Looks like a good time. Bummer about Barrett lake.. not sure how closing a vehicular trail helps prevent the spread of COVID.. maybe they should put a mask on the gate and open it... or require masks on vehicle intakes and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JJ151

Nice pics. I’ll be hitting the Fordyce Creek Trail in a couple hours. Looking forward to it.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome trails! It will be a couple years, but I can’t wait to get out there and run them!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

dillard09

I didn't take many pics on Fordyce because I was busy spotting for others most of the time... But here is what I have!

Water crossings were really low compared to pictures I had seen. Most likely due to work being done on the dam. I don't think the water touched my rockers on any of the crossings.

View attachment 350181

View attachment 350189

View attachment 350188

View attachment 350187

View attachment 350186

View attachment 350185

View attachment 350184

View attachment 350183

View attachment 350182

View attachment 350190

Man I so wanna get up there and run Fordyce. That creek crossing always scared the shit out of me but now that its low it's a possibility I guess. I have 15 days a month off now. It's a long drive from Texas.
How was the traffic due to the lower water levels?

bhaner

Man I so wanna get up there and run Fordyce. That creek crossing always scared the shit out of me but now that its low it's a possibility I guess. I have 15 days a month off now. It's a long drive from Texas.

It was worth the trip from Washington state!

We had one small group join us at our camp site at the 2nd water crossing.

Other than that nobody was on the trail.

It was a week day run. That may have had something to do with it.

dillard09

It was worth the trip from Washington state!

We had one small group join us at our camp site at the 2nd water crossing.

Other than that nobody was on the trail.

It was a week day run. That may have had something to do with it.

I'm trying to talk Bubba (Exodus Jeeps) to make the trek from Texas out there. But I know he is super busy with some pretty big projects down at the shop.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

I had a buddy run it recently and he said it was the busiest he’s ever seen it. Unfortunately I have it made it out for a single trip this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to talk Bubba (Exodus Jeeps) to make the trek from Texas out there. But I know he is super busy with some pretty big projects down at the shop.

Some of us are planning a Fordyce trip August 7-8, after Rubicon. You and Bubba should come out.

Top Bottom