Rubicon front 44 questions

suicideking

is the only problem that the shaft will not slide throw the sleeve? is it possable to drill it out the little extra to get the safts to fit!

You're risking damage to the areas you drill, probably the tubes. Crack or damage them and the whole thing is worthless.

There are other locker options, I'm just not sure what they are (other than Ox which would probably be good). Sounds like ARB is the only one that we're sure won't work (so far). If you can live without an ARB, might still be a good deal. Might try to see if he'll sell for $2K or less.

noroad

You're risking damage to the areas you drill, probably the tubes. Crack or damage them and the whole thing is worthless.

There are other locker options, I'm just not sure what they are (other than Ox which would probably be good). Sounds like ARB is the only one that we're sure won't work (so far). If you can live without an ARB, might still be a good deal. Might try to see if he'll sell for $2K or less.

He wants 2800 because of the rcvs! Idk

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Did he mention what lockers will work? Looks like Ox makes one for every combo of axle, shafts etc. Any others that are known to work in a sleeved front D44?

The only locker that he mentioned that would work is a Detroit but there may be others

suicideking

So he wants full retail and then some for the RCV's? :thinking:

Yeah, seems a bit high even with the rcv. Doesn't sound like the 'friend' price.

How old is the axle? I'll also assume that if it has sleeve and gussets that he's been wheeling it. If so, check the ball joints. With 37's, you'll need new ones anyway (if it has OEM ball joints).

noroad

Yeah, seems a bit high even with the rcv. Doesn't sound like the 'friend' price.

How old is the axle? I'll also assume that if it has sleeve and gussets that he's been wheeling it. If so, check the ball joints. With 37's, you'll need new ones anyway (if it has OEM ball joints).

he ordered it from 4wheelparts a couple years ago and has the liftime warrenty on the axle with rcvs (just added under 2000 miles) sleeves gusset control arm skids new axle seals and ball joints!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Seems expensive, but a full warranty could be nice if it can be transfered.

pm box is full, but how close are you to kingston mass? May need you to help me with something if I cant make the drive up there.

Last edited:

noroad

Seems expensive, but a full warranty could be nice if it can be transfered.

pm box is full, but how close are you to kingston mass? May need you to help me with something if I cant make the drive up there.

it like 10 mins away! all cleaned out!

suicideking

he ordered it from 4wheelparts a couple years ago and has the liftime warrenty on the axle with rcvs (just added under 2000 miles) sleeves gusset control arm skids new axle seals and ball joints!

With all that, not a terrible deal. I'd still try to haggle a bit. It's a gamble, but I think at $2800 he might have it sitting for a while. Maybe $2200 - $2400. Or if he's a good friend, maybe he'll do no interest financing and give you a year to pay it off. :D

If I could get $2800 for mine, I would sell in a heartbeat and buy a PR44 for $5K. Only difference with mine is I have chromoly shafts. I do a lot of rock crawling though.

Top Bottom