Rubicon Trail Under Evacuation Order For King Fire

916razorback

Having run the rubicon for the first time in June,I can really appreciate what a special place it is...I am currently working security patrols as a mutual aid response....it's incredible the amount of smoke up here and how much more land we will probably lose....not sure the Rubicon trail will be the same in the next few days...makes me sick!...I'm working a dayshift on Monday here so I will try and send some pics.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Reno is buried again with no end in sight. I would be shocked if the Rubicon opens up anytime soon.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This really sucks! I really hope they can contain it soon so it doesn't affect the rubicon even more than it prob has

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm worried that if it actually hits the trail it may be closed longer than that. Sadly, the treehuggers will get their wish the hard way.

It's moving farther north the it is east. I don't see it hitting the trail unless it blows up again like it did last Monday night.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Something amazing is they have dropped over a half a million gallons of retardant on this fire. Add that with the water and it's a lot of drops! Crazy numbers.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Is it mostly a ground fire or is it running the crowns? If it's the latter, that area of the Sierras won't be the same in our lifetime. It's tragic.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Is it mostly a ground fire or is it running the crowns? If it's the latter, that area of the Sierras won't be the same in our lifetime. It's tragic.

I found these pictures last week on somebody's facebook when I was looking up the fire.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411454733.085223.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411454744.244508.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411454811.917313.jpg

Looks like a ground fire.

Top Bottom