Rubicon Trail Under Evacuation Order For King Fire

Wow. I just don't understand why someone would resort to arsen.

I'm not sure if this is possible or even effective. Would it be a good idea to organize some kind of cleanup/rehabilitation trip when the area is safe, or even a series of trips if necessary?

I don't really know what we could do, but if people are interested I could start doing research and reach out to the FD to see what we can do.

I've never been to the Rubicon or done something like this. I'm sure many of you know the area like the back of your hand and have a great relationship with the local community. It would be great to have you involved.

What do you guys think?

I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes being the new guy.

Oregonjeeper

This fire season is the worst in years.. All over the west Coast... Here in southern Oregon and northern California.. We have nothing but smoke all summer long... Its trying to rain right now so its nice all the smoke is going away

cuongdyna

Just did the rubicon trail Sunday and got out Wednesday. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411071379.728672.jpg
After Cadillac hill.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411071424.352801.jpg
On our way down the interstate 50.

MTG

Caught the Bug
They routed us really far to the east on my flight home from Vegas. The smoke is pretty nasty. :gray no:

I tried posting a pic from the plane but it didn't work.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You can see camp wayalife in this pic

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411077615.998197.jpg

Looking west toward Dayton and Carson City.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411077659.984009.jpg
Reno with the smoke in the background.

Too far east to get a good look at Tahoe, you can just make it out in the first pic.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's gotten cooler here and we even saw a bit of precipitation yesterday. I'm sure it helped out.

That's what I was reading. I saw most of the afternoon the smoke was too heavy for them to do drops but last night it cleared right before sunset and they had plans ready to go which helped. They have been doing a lot of back burning as well which could be some of the additional acreage that is burning.

The suspect gets arraigned today at 10 or 11.

Top Bottom