Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

David1tontj

Yes this is why I was leaning towards option 2

I figured if my rails pushed up into the body I could just cover it up later with som EVO rock skins.

Now with all that being said , it all needs to get done anyways so I will probably just do it all.

Time to water the money tree!

But really, most of the time when you hit a rock rail you will know it is coming. Your ruby rails should hold up as long as you don't beat the crap out of them.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Something to look forward to. My goal is to do the Rubicon by the end of 2017.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds good. You are more then welcome to join us in a few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Put him on the going but will cancel at the last minute list :yup:

Or maybe the "wants everyone to think he's cool, so he says yes, but will come up with excuse later" list?

😉

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Panda

Or maybe the "wants everyone to think he's cool, so he says yes, but will come up with excuse later" list?

😉

:cheesy: :cheesy :cheesy:

Couple of us from the forum have a trip planned for the Rubicon from the 3rd-5th of October. If anyone is interested in joining let me know. Went last year at the same time and the weather was perfect, just a lil chilly at night. The minimum requirements are 33" tires, a rear locker, and some rock sliders/skids.

Going

1. 2013rubirick/Mrs.2013rubirick
2. crippledpetey
3. Panda/Crawler Kitty
4. Jk_b/c_Yolo
5. Ridg3runner

Maybe

1. Branman
2. Rccrwlr
3. MTG
4. Firecrew1

Here is the list again of the requirements and the list of who is coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I know I am not going on this trip, but hear me out –
If you hit your rock sliders too hard and get a little bit of body damage you will be sad. But if you hit your differential hard and the ring gear slices through the cover you are pretty screwed. Not to mention a tranny or an oil pan failure. What do you think is more important? Body damage, or mechanical failure?

Also- I pretty much always know when I am going to hit a rock rail and can go slow, but every now and then a rock sneaks up and smashes your differential without you even knowing.

I would go for the diff covers and oil/trans before the rails since you already have rubi sliders.

My .02

Couldn't agree more :yup: rubi sliders will hold up :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm in the same boat as Firecrew1 its all dependent on my work schedule. Please put me down as a maybe and as it gets closer I should be able go confirm or cancel..haha. I meet the requirements but line selection will be key in a JKU on 35's..;)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm in the same boat as Firecrew1 its all dependent on my work schedule. Please put me down as a maybe and as it gets closer I should be able go confirm or cancel..haha. I meet the requirements but line selection will be key in a JKU on 35's..;)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh Hell No!! If I got stuck on the "going" list, you guys are too, lol

Oregonjeeper

Never been to the rubicon ..Would love to go ...Just not sure with the timing...Being So close and All ...If there is still a open spot let me know and i will ask the wife... :hmm:

Top Bottom