Rubicrawl's build thread

silverbackjk

Spraying tubing is very wasteful. There is a lot of material being used that never makes it onto the actual tubing, which makes it cost more than what you would expect. Sounds a bit pricey though. I have a full rockhard cage sitting in the garage that needs to be taken down for coating. I will post up my cost once it makes it there. I'm thinking $150 tops.

The price is high I got quarter pounder front bumper and genright tire carrier done for $225

rubicrawl

Spraying tubing is very wasteful. There is a lot of material being used that never makes it onto the actual tubing, which makes it cost more than what you would expect. Sounds a bit pricey though. I have a full rockhard cage sitting in the garage that needs to be taken down for coating. I will post up my cost once it makes it there. I'm thinking $150 tops.

Really 150 damn I was thinking of just spray canning mine and with galvenox so it doesn't rust and black over it but chickened out

rtguy1

Wow I got rapped

Shit. I just realized you are local. I'm in SFV. My powder coater is in Downey. Let me know if you want the info. You usually need to take The parts there for the most acutate price quote though. He did a my poison spyder front bumper with stinger for 80 I think and the rear rockbrawler for 70. My buddy's poison spyder sliders for like 60. That's why I guessed 150 for my cage with rear section. I'm thinking about doing black chrome with a flat on the dash bar, but will prob just end up will textured black....lol. I'm gonna get him to do a 10lb CO2 tank will the deal too.....lol. Gonna throw that one in at the end...lol

Edit: when someone asks how much you want to pay or think you should pay throw out a ridiculous low number. I would have said $50, then hope for him to come back at like 200-250, then hit back at $150.....lol

rubicrawl

Shit. I just realized you are local. I'm in SFV. My powder coater is in Downey. Let me know if you want the info. You usually need to take The parts there for the most acutate price quote though. He did a my poison spyder front bumper with stinger for 80 I think and the rear rockbrawler for 70. My buddy's poison spyder sliders for like 60. That's why I guessed 150 for my cage with rear section. I'm thinking about doing black chrome with a flat on the dash bar, but will prob just end up will textured black....lol. I'm gonna get him to do a 10lb CO2 tank will the deal too.....lol. Gonna throw that one in at the end...lol

Edit: when someone asks how much you want to pay or think you should pay throw out a ridiculous low number. I would have said $50, then hope for him to come back at like 200-250, then hit back at $150.....lol

Lol thanks brotha I'm not the best negotiator but yeah let me get his number damn I don't care ill go get that shit back that's a lot of money ill save and I can get my offroad lights with that xtra cash

rubicrawl

How do the welds look? I am looking to get the rockhard cage myself soon, but saw a thread where the welds looked HORRENDOUS.

They are not pretty but when I get it back ill take pics of them and post them the powder coater was going to clean them up a little cause there were some really sharp edges on the welded areas the welds did catch my eye cause i pictured some nice clean welds but they weren't ill post the pics of them when I get it back brotha

Top Bottom