Running 2 Amps off one battery

tonytony9

100 watts per channel is plenty. I have 2 4 channel amps - 1 for 4 tweeters and 1 for 4 mids which are both doing 70 watts rms. It goes rediculously loud and stays clean. Although I tuned all the amps with an oscilloscope.
View attachment 138301
View attachment 138302
View attachment 138303
You basically play test tones for each amp and turn the gain up until the signal flat lines then back off until it's still curved.

Haha I wish I had the money to do all of that because I would love to have a jeep that sounds like that.
But I think I'm going plenty enough for myself right now.

I want to be able to do this setup in a day because summers coming and I don't want to go another summer listening to speakers that make a thump instead of low end.

Can you recommend good locations for my amo for the speaker? And then where I should put my amp/woofer? I already have the box and its decently big.

utiadam

LOSER
Haha I wish I had the money to do all of that because I would love to have a jeep that sounds like that.

I want to be able to do this setup in a day because summers coming and I don't want to go another summer listening to speakers that make a thump instead of low end.

Can you recommend good locations for my amo for the speaker? And then where I should put my amp/woofer? I already have the box and its decently big.

Can you mount both amps to the back of the box? What about to the back of the rear seat? I would only put them under the seats as a last resort.

tonytony9

Can you mount both amps to the back of the box? What about to the back of the rear seat? I would only put them under the seats as a last resort.

I don't see why I couldn't mount both to the back of the box. Maybe under the dashboard but that seems a little complicated. Do you have any suggestions on how to lock the subwoofer to my car so someone can't just pull it out of my trunk if I have the roof down?

Spencer11496

I don't see why I couldn't mount both to the back of the box. Maybe under the dashboard but that seems a little complicated. Do you have any suggestions on how to lock the subwoofer to my car so someone can't just pull it out of my trunk if I have the roof down?

Bolt it to the seat brackets. I'm trying to engineer a way to make it EASILY removable when I want to remove it.

utiadam

LOSER

Get some brackets from Lowe's or home depot in the lumber department. Mine isn't bolted down but it's probably 200 pounds or so with 1" MDF, 3 amps, capacitor, and the sub.

UpsideUp

Hey all...here is my two cents for what it's worth. Utiadam obvious knows what he is talking about with his set and when full bore with the dynamat, JL, etc. But I replaced my full system about 3 weeks ago and have to say...running a 5 channel amp, new 8" sub in the stock spot, 6 1/2" in roll bar and dash, and new tweets...all driven by a new deck is night and day from where I started. As most would agree...dropping audiophile sound into a Jeep is an exercise in futility, but you can drastically improve from stock. Don't just buy Kicker or Polk if you haven't listened to them. Nothing like dropping huge coin on something you can't tune to your liking. Best buy has both...try them out.
With all that being said...the stereo is the one jeep upgrade that I feel makes me happy every time I climb into it. Have fun and good luck.

tonytony9

Get some brackets from Lowe's or home depot in the lumber department. Mine isn't bolted down but it's probably 200 pounds or so with 1" MDF, 3 amps, capacitor, and the sub.

The brackets would be to hold the woofer?

Any ideas of how to lock the woofer/box so it cannot easily be stolen when top is down?

tonytony9

Hey all...here is my two cents for what it's worth. Utiadam obvious knows what he is talking about with his set and when full bore with the dynamat, JL, etc. But I replaced my full system about 3 weeks ago and have to say...running a 5 channel amp, new 8" sub in the stock spot, 6 1/2" in roll bar and dash, and new tweets...all driven by a new deck is night and day from where I started. As most would agree...dropping audiophile sound into a Jeep is an exercise in futility, but you can drastically improve from stock. Don't just buy Kicker or Polk if you haven't listened to them. Nothing like dropping huge coin on something you can't tune to your liking. Best buy has both...try them out.
With all that being said...the stereo is the one jeep upgrade that I feel makes me happy every time I climb into it. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks for the input. Crutchfield actually offers a 60 money back on the speakers even if they have been installed. I'll check out bestbuy to hear them. But if for some reason they don't sound right, I'll just pop them out and return for better ones. The big project here isn't putting the speakers in, it's really the wiring I think. Thanks though!

utiadam

LOSER

Thanks!

The brackets would be to hold the woofer?

Any ideas of how to lock the woofer/box so it cannot easily be stolen when top is down?

To bolt the box to the body

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429509147.860760.jpg

UpsideUp

Thanks for the input. Crutchfield actually offers a 60 money back on the speakers even if they have been installed. I'll check out bestbuy to hear them. But if for some reason they don't sound right, I'll just pop them out and return for better ones. The big project here isn't putting the speakers in, it's really the wiring I think. Thanks though!

Yeah...I was in your same boat. Keep factory wiring and make it a simple install or get everything in and be unhappy and have to pull it all apart a second time. I had never done a stereo on a car but found lots of info online and through Crutchfield. With bench wiring, a complete Alpine system upgrade, and making a spacer ring for the 8 " sub to fit in stock location all took about 10 hours...not including research of course.
Stereo sounds awesome with the top of and even better with it on. Good luck with the install and hope you like the finished product. Let me know if you have any questions for a "lay person" and I would be happy to help out.

Top Bottom