Running beadlocks (ATX Slabs) on a DD?

Not going below 20 psi..... Don't waste your time or money on bead locks. They require you to maintain them. Your not very likely to blow a bead at that PSI. Wheel what you have.

Ddays

Hooked
My chamber pro's came Teflon coated black and then I painted the ring myself. It's strong scratched anyway so it's easier to touch up paint

How long have you had yours Coz & how has that coating held up? Yours is a DD right?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How long have you had yours Coz & how has that coating held up? Yours is a DD right?

I have had them for a year and a half now and yes I DD knuckles. The coating has help up great and still looks brand new when I clean it.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So I am throwing around a couple of big dollar purchase ideas for the jeep when we get tax money back. One is a set of Slabs. I know people have ran the Slabs on the factory carrier, I'm just wondering how its been holding up. I want the EVO carrier eventually but my understanding is it wont work with the center bore of the factory rims. So I would need different rims. I don't want to buy a set of "cheaper" rims just to get the carrier, so I'm thinking about the Slabs for now and wait on the carrier.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the beadlock wheel in order to avoid ever throwing a bead on the trail using an average wheel and of course the awesome appearance. Maybe I shouldn't even be concerned if I am not really airing down beyond 20 to 25psi with 35" Nitto TG.

20-25 psi is pretty much street pressure to me. As it has already been mentioned, if you really don't plan on airing down below that, I would save your money and just get a wheel that "looks" like it's a bead lock. There are plenty of good looking "streetlock" or "simulock" wheels out there to choose from.

GraniteCrystal

I'm not understanding something here. Why would anyone say they'll never go below 20 psi? Shouldn't you go as low as you can? If you were running beadlocks and could go down to 8psi, why would you stay at 20 psi?

swampdog

I run 10 psi on a non bead lock when on the rocks. You can run a bead lock as low as 2-3 psi in the right scenario (sand)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm not understanding something here. Why would anyone say they'll never go below 20 psi? Shouldn't you go as low as you can? If you were running beadlocks and could go down to 8psi, why would you stay at 20 psi?

Some people don't necessarily wheel where they need to air down that low maybe? Some people also lift their jeeps and put bigger tires on them and never wheel at all. So they dont need the beadlocks to air down. There is more maintenance to a beadlock wheel, such as checking the torque of all the bolts regularly.

toxicwaste29

I dd my 35's at 30 psi. I trail ride them around 15 and don't have issues but that's as low as I'm comfortable without have beadlocks

geberhard

Douchebag
As mentioned if you r plans call for a stretlock and minor tono wheeling a good simulated wheel will do the trick and let you wheel and drop pressure teh same way. If you are getting a streetlock, check out some that have removeable outer fake rings, so you can clena and paint them up or replace them as you scratch them on rocks (or at the mall JK) :D

I dig the Walker evans streetlocks, and other companies like Raceline, Trailready, etc have some cool products out there. All depends on personal preference and style if you really do not want the beadlock approach. I.e. Walker Evans streetlocks on JK
attachment.php

I like beadlocks for obvious reasons, it sucks to get your jeep stuck, open the door and see your front tire next to you :)

guistuck.jpg guistuck4.jpg guistuck3.jpg

Armageddon_JKU

#3 balance beadlocks and big tires with beads…. I use premium airsoft pellets because they don't powder or disintegrate. For 38.5x1350x17 boggers use 10oz

Judesign

Caught the Bug
As mentioned if you r plans call for a stretlock and minor tono wheeling a good simulated wheel will do the trick and let you wheel and drop pressure teh same way. If you are getting a streetlock, check out some that have removeable outer fake rings, so you can clena and paint them up or replace them as you scratch them on rocks (or at the mall JK) :D

I dig the Walker evans streetlocks, and other companies like Raceline, Trailready, etc have some cool products out there. All depends on personal preference and style if you really do not want the beadlock approach. I.e. Walker Evans streetlocks on JK
attachment.php

I like beadlocks for obvious reasons, it sucks to get your jeep stuck, open the door and see your front tire next to you :)

View attachment 185662 View attachment 185663 View attachment 185664

Now that's funny.

Top Bottom