Rusty’s vs EVO hinged tire carrier

Andy5160

Hooked
So the Rusty's carrier I installed on the JL worked out perfect on the trip out West. I followed it around a lot and the tire barely moved around at all, even on the really rocky trails. I highly recommend this one to anyone looking for an aftermarket carrier for their JL. :thumb:

Just placed my order
Thanks Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
So after Ddays tested his Rustys carrier during East meets West trip I pulled the trigger and absolutely love that thing. The design and the quality is top notch and worth the money. The install is easy , a bit long since I did it myself ( it was fun attaching the carrier to the factory mounting points). I am not sure why the instructions calling for nutcerts to that plate next to the handle since it could be drilled and regular bolts installed with a nice wide washers inside the gate.
In my opinion if you need hinged tire carrier which could hold up to 40 inch tire look no further. After driving the jeep for two weeks everything is solid , no noise, no movement at all, Zero.
The antenna mount is offset to the drivers side and does not bother or obstruct rear view.
Here are the few images I posted in a different thread. IMG_8964.jpg IMG_8966.jpg IMG_8969.jpg IMG_8972.jpg IMG_8975.jpg IMG_9006.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Rusty makes great stuff. Their shop is about 30 miles from my house. Makes it really easy for me to run and throw money at them in person.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

Top Bottom