Salty Jeeps

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I’ll knock it out this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I also do it in the summer, just less often. Here’s a quick shot from this summer when I was doing my steering box, you can get an idea how nice it makes it look. I believe I sprayed it a week prior to steering box install. It stays on there for a while too. I bough my 2014 Jeep in October of 2013.
IMG_5588.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I also do it in the summer, just less often. Here’s a quick shot from this summer when I was doing my steering box, you can get an idea how nice it makes it look. I believe I sprayed it a week prior to steering box install. It stays on there for a while too. I bough my 2014 Jeep in October of 2013.
View attachment 286168

That’s amazing! Definitely need to do it. This is what I have to work with right now Image1513340369.962642.jpg
Lovely back to back snow storms and they have beyond coated the roads in salt!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
That’s amazing! Definitely need to do it. This is what I have to work with right now View attachment 286169
Lovely back to back snow storms and they have beyond coated the roads in salt!

Am sorry that sucks, I feel your pain.
We didn’t have any snow storms here yet but I could only imagine what my Jeep will look like this year, since I cut my flares and put the spacers on my wheels....

MudVayne

Caught the Bug
I WD-40 the shit out of my undercarriage in winter, like once every two weeks at least, after a wash. Just be careful and don’t spray it on the rotors. Get the big blast can, I use almost the entire can per time. Makes it look showroom clean
View attachment 286167

Speaking of rotors..I sprayed my entire yz125 down before a mud race..as a dumb 14 year old I caked the rotors with WD..guess who didn’t stop turn 1??

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
View attachment 286168

That looks fantastic for where we live! Should have a project waiting for me when I get home

scull20

I heard saving your used motor oil and spreading all over the frame helped with rust. I was thinking of soaking a rag with it and wiping down the body too!

[Beats a dead horse]

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Nice, I ordered it. Figure that should be more than enough to get through the winter. Mine is still my DD so it usually sees plenty of salt. I'm gonna get it nice and clean before I park it for the next month or so though..

FallonJeeper

We used a similar spray lubricant on our helicopters when deployed on ships, in the Navy. It was a great corrosion preventative.

But we would spray and wipe.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I found a temporary solution. They build a new car wash near me and it fit. Interior and exterior for 30 bucks. IMG_8524.jpg
And they hand dried the whole thing, including the top and actually did a great job. In and out in less than 15. Now off to coat the underside in WD.

Top Bottom