Savage Build Thread

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I really like the look of no bumper and the EVO shackle mounts. I say leave it off!
:thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you. last time i took the bumper off to see if i liked the look i still had my big ass Bushwacker Pocket fenders on. I put the bumper back on in a hurry! I think i am going to leave it off this time around. with the stock fenders cut it looks pretty good.
I want to get the EVO shackle too, its definitely on the list along with the bumper Fascia. :brows:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Forgot to tell everyone that I bought the Tuffy security deck enclosure and EVO sway bar links for both front and rear. This is the first EVO product I have purchased and am pretty excited! Everything should be here on Wednesday.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
EVO HD Swaybar Endlinks

I just got a set of my EVO Swaybar Links lastnight. These things are massive! I can't wait to receive the rest of my shipment today with the other 2 and my Tuffy security deck. I will post up pictures once i get the rest of my goodies
link 3.jpg
link.jpg
link 2.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I was able to get the Rear Swaybar links on however when i went to replace the front they do not fit in the stock holes. The EVO bolts are a little larger than Stock. has anyone else had this problem? and would i just need to drill out the holes to the correct diameter?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
so with the rear sway bar links i put on i dont have much space between the links and the tire. i am wondering if it would be a good idea to get some wheel spacers or if i should be ok with how they sit? i rather not get spacers if i don't need, but if its going to keep me from rubbing then i guess ill have to.
here is a pick of them straight on from the rear.
links.jpg

and then to give an idea of how much space between the tire and link.
links 1.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
took her for a her first drive since i installed the rear links. it seems like it has really helped with the squeaking noise i had before. So this is really exciting news for me. :clap2:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
looks like my build may be coming to a pause for a minute. Might be able to squeeze in a new tire carrier but with my brothers birthday, needing some things of the apartment, and the holidays coming up there isn't going to be much upgrading going on for me.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
for several months now i have had this squeak coming from what i think in the rear end of my jeep. it was nothing to be concerned about before because it would come and go. but for the last month or so it has progressively gotten worse where it is a constant squeak going at any speed, straight, turning right or left, and only goes away when i press the brakes. im afraid that i may have bent axle flange from my camping trip i did a few months back. i will hopefully be getting a better look this weekend when i put the back on jack stands and turn the axle to see if i can see where it moves. i don't have the proper tools so hopefully my younger eyes will be able to catch something if it is out of line.
i really hope its not bent because its already hard enough for me to do upgrades so a repair would really put me behind. but i guess the positive side is i get to get stronger axles if it is.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
got some goodies showing up today. i had to take advantage of the Black Friday Sales that were going on. Ill post up pictures later.

Also now that my squeak is getting worse i guess i have a fun weekend ahead of me with taking apart my rear end and seeing if my non mechanic skills can fix or find the issue. Would like if anyone around my area could lend a hand! i will supply the drinks!

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
It was a Long weekend

Too bad the sun goes down so early or i might have been able to get more work down and not spread it out over the whole weekend.
Well many of you may now from some threads i have started that i have a pretty bad squeak coming from my rear passenger side wheel. so this weekend i took on the task of tracking it down and seeing if i can fix or at least find the problem.
From reading many threads and asking questions i had already thought my squeak was do to a possible bent axle flange, so i dove in head first on this project. (bad idea) this is how my weekend turned out:
Saturday:
Started off with pulling the wheels, spacers and taking the calipers off. This was the easy task.
started to get difficult when i really had to persuade the rotors with a hammer to break it loose of the salt, rust, and whatever else Utah weather puts on cars.
so then i cleaned up the rotors and the Break shoes for the e-brake. This is where i probably should have stopped and checked out the Brakes to see if they might have been the problem. but no.. this being my first real experience in mechanics i didn't know the rule: Start small and then look bigger (or something like that)
So then i decided to pull the axles. everything with the axle looks good, and come to find out, you still cant tell if its bent when pulled from the housing :). anyway i put it back in only to run into a problem when trying to bolt it back up. the wheel was not spilling when i was tightening the nuts. It was like the bearings where being locked up from something. So after a lot of playing around and pulling the axle and then putting it back in about a dozen times i was finally able to get it put back together and bolted up. but i left my jeep on stands for the night because i was afraid i damaged something.
Sunday:
finished cleaning up the rotors and brake shoes on the driver side and then bolted everything up to take it for a drive and see if that fixed my squeak. Also to hopefully figure out that i did not damage my bearings. Good news was that the jeep drove and the bearings seemed to be fine. Bad news, i still had the squeak... But, it wasn't AS bad. so i put it back on stands and pulled the tires and calipers off. this is when i found that i had a brake pad retainer missing from my passenger side caliper. so i bought a brake kit and replaced all the retainers and added a little bit of lube to the ends of my pads. this was all done in the dark so i was using my rock lights for some light (BAD IDEA). after a long process of getting the pads back in and calipers torqued down i was really excited to do a test drive and see if this fixed it. Only to add to my frustration that my Battery had dead! So after trying to jump it from my girlfriends Audi i came to the conclusion that maybe after my jeep was on stands and since i was already low on gas that this might be why it wasn't starting. ran down to the gas station and got 2 gallon gas can. put the gas in and then hooked the batteries back up again. This time we let her car run longer while the cables were set up and with luck i was finally able to start my Jeep and take it for the much anticipated test drive.
At this point i can say while keeping my fingers crossed that the squeak has gone away! i can only hope it will stay like this. and that i learned a valuable lesson in mechanics this weekend.

Top Bottom