Savage Build Thread

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Some lessons are harder than others. Hopefully just your brakes, but you learned how to pull your axle shafts.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Some lessons are harder than others. Hopefully just your brakes, but you learned how to pull your axle shafts.

this is very true. and yes now i know how to pull the shafts if i every have to do that again! Hopefully not though

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
ok guys with the amount of threads i have started about question im hoping i don't have to start a new thread to have this question answered.
this past weekend i pulled the axles from my jeep 1 at a time. so i tilted the rear axle so that i could eliminate the amount of oil i lost. i didn't loose much, but i would like to top off. i changed the Diff fluid about 2,000-3,000 miles ago with synthetic, however i don't remember the actual specs on it.
my question is, should i just top off with any synthetic; and is it ok to mix fluids as long as they are the same weight?
or would it be a better idea to drain it and change completely?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
ok guys with the amount of threads i have started about question im hoping i don't have to start a new thread to have this question answered.
this past weekend i pulled the axles from my jeep 1 at a time. so i tilted the rear axle so that i could eliminate the amount of oil i lost. i didn't loose much, but i would like to top off. i changed the Diff fluid about 2,000-3,000 miles ago with synthetic, however i don't remember the actual specs on it.
my question is, should i just top off with any synthetic; and is it ok to mix fluids as long as they are the same weight?
or would it be a better idea to drain it and change completely?

It's not a big deal. I have mixed before when I needed to change on the trails and haven't had any issues.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I have had my D rings stolen of my jeep and my bumper messed with. So while pulling my axles this past weekend I had to remove the rear Swaybar links to do this since I don't have the good tools to do it. Anyway it looked like someone may have tried to take my EVO Swaybar links because 1 of them had a bolt that was almost rounded off and I didn't do this while installing them. I thought the gold might be attracting someone to take them. So I decided to hit them with some bedliner and turn them black, hoping to eliminate anyone's interest in them.
Sorry about the iPhone pictures. Hope u can't tell the difference
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418147061.944811.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418147076.012304.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the tips and advice on my diff fluid Overlander. But I just decided to go ahead and drain it and fill her bad up. Ended up putting in Valvoline 75w-90 full synthetic.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418279494.267472.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got a great deal on Amazon for a CB radio. i got the Cobra 29 LTD BT. so i guess i will find out how this Blue Tooth technology works out.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Early Christmas present from my mom.
F/R Rugged Ridge seat covers.
Completely changes the way my interior looks.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418602765.528023.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418602776.900189.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got my CB installed lastnight. Hoping I can get it tuned before the start of the New Year Run tomorrow!

Attachments

• 1420222192098.jpg
    1420222192098.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 301

JK LYF

Got a great deal on Amazon for a CB radio. i got the Cobra 29 LTD BT. so i guess i will find out how this Blue Tooth technology works out.

Outstanding! That's the CB I'm getting this month. Let me know what you think. And, if you don't mind me asking, what mount did you use? I planned on mounting mine to the dash but still not convinced it's better than mounting above.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Outstanding! That's the CB I'm getting this month. Let me know what you think. And, if you don't mind me asking, what mount did you use? I planned on mounting mine to the dash but still not convinced it's better than mounting above.

i am pretty sure i have a bad connection in the wiring someone because no one could hear me this past weekend. it is something i will have to look into later.
as for the mounting positing, i mounted it high because i didn't want to put any holes in my dash. I also made my own mount, i didn't think spending much money on a mount was worth it. i will see if i can get a picture later today. It held up well with all the bouncing around on the 2015 kick off run we just did.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Lastnight I found a fantastic deal on the Genright aluminum tire carrier. It came with everything except the 2 small plastic spacers which I can buy or make myself so I'm not worried. But super excited to get it painted an installed.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420647847.252653.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug

Sorry it's taken longer to get this photo. Here is a photo of my mount I made.
Drilled 2 1/4 holes in the mounting bracket and Just got some J hooks or whatever they are called from Home Depot. Cut about 2 inches off them added a washed to each side and tightened it up. If you/anyone have any question about it just let me know. It's working really well and has kept everything tight.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420760921.035794.jpg

JK LYF

Sorry it's taken longer to get this photo. Here is a photo of my mount I made.
Drilled 2 1/4 holes in the mounting bracket and Just got some J hooks or whatever they are called from Home Depot. Cut about 2 inches off them added a washed to each side and tightened it up. If you/anyone have any question about it just let me know. It's working really well and has kept everything tight.
View attachment 118378

Thanks for the photo. I think I'll try that. I wondering how those j hooks don't move around or slide.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the photo. I think I'll try that. I wondering how those j hooks don't move around or slide.

honestly im not sure how it doesn't either. but it works well for me. just got to make sure its all tight.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
just ordered a bolt lock for my Genright tire carrier. as soon as that gets here I am going to install the carrier. I already have the hinges installed so just waiting on the lock.

Top Bottom