School me on C-Gussets and C's in general....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the North East, Im content with my 4.10s. It's not lightning mcqueen, but it is much better than my 2012 with 3.21s and 33s. Around here, it's fine. Going over Vail pass might suck, but otherwise, I don't think I will regear the stock axles. If I get a PR44 down the line, then I will regear the rear to match. I will upgrade the shafts as well, but that will be sometime next year, as I am on a strict jeep mod budget (thanks to the wife) so one step at a time. :D Ideally I wanted to do it all at the same time (since from what I understand you need to remove the shafts to change out the balljoints) but I just don't think I can swing the $600+ for new shafts at this time.

And, I wouldn't worry about it. For me personally, I prefer to run as much factory stuff as possible and only replace what I need when I need. Hell, I'm still only running one front chromoly shaft and only because I trashed the factory one. Being that the other is still working fine, it's what I'm still running.

For me personally, I prefer not to spend money on things that I don't really need or on things that I have seen over the years to be a waste. I've once been of the persuasion that beefing up a factory axle was a good thing but, time and experience has taught me that you're better off just playing with what you have until you can afford something better like a ProRock 44 or better. Of course, that's just me.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
And, I wouldn't worry about it. For me personally, I prefer to run as much factory stuff as possible and only replace what I need when I need. Hell, I'm still only running one front chromoly shaft and only because I trashed the factory one. Being that the other is still working fine, it's what I'm still running.

For me personally, I prefer not to spend money on things that I don't really need or on things that I have seen over the years to be a waste. I've once been of the persuasion that beefing up a factory axle was a good thing but, time and experience has taught me that you're better off just playing with what you have until you can afford something better like a ProRock 44 or better. Of course, that's just me.

Thank you kindly sir. So I will just do the C gussets, and upgrade my balljoints since Im already down there, and leave it at that. If I trash my stock front, then a PR44 housing will be installed.

Top Bottom