Schoolhouse Rock Turns 40

my_jk

This made me feel young just 19 years before my time :D but to be fair I did watch some of the shows as a kid

Last edited:

htweelz

I learned a lot from School House Rock. I still remember them. My favorite was Conjunction Junction.

I remember the New Zoo Revue also and CHiPs and H.R. Puffenstuff all that good stuff they don't have on TV anymore.

Old and proud of it!:rock:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I learned the facts of life, by watching "The Facts of Life!" :cheesy:

Cartoons: HeMan, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc.

Chips, The Fall Guy, Airwolf, Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, Silver Spoons, Fresh Prince of Bel Air...etc, etc, etc.

All staples of my childhood.

MikeLisa

Chips, The Fall Guy, Airwolf, Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, Silver Spoons, Fresh Prince of Bel Air...etc, etc, etc.

All of those plus the White Shadow

familytime2

Man, do I ever feel old today. For those of you too young to remember, there used to be animated clips played in between the Saturday morning cartoons call Schoolhouse Rock and they were designed to teach kids things through music. Today, Schoolhouse Rock just turned 40!! :crazyeyes:
Now this brings back the good times:thumb:Don't feel old though,even turning 50 in a few short days:brows:

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Yes! All of those. But loved me some woody woodpecker on Saturday mornings. Or how about some old Hanna Barbera?

MTG

Caught the Bug
10frank9 said:
Yes! All of those. But loved me some woody woodpecker on Saturday mornings. Or how about some old Hanna Barbera?

Ah yes, woody woodpecker. Was that on before or after Looney Tunes?

Skid_Kid

Don't forget about some Fraggle Rock, Punky Brewster and the original Zorro. I had all the Voltron toys and Transformers.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Don't forget about some Fraggle Rock, Punky Brewster and the original Zorro. I had all the Voltron toys and Transformers.

LOL! I almost listed Transformers and Punky Brewster in my list, but knew I'd catch flack for the later. :crazyeyes:

Fraggle Rock was on cable if I remember correctly...and we only had 5 channels in my house. :grayno:

Let us now forget Different Strokes.

JAGS

Hooked
LOL! I almost listed Transformers and Punky Brewster in my list, but knew I'd catch flack for the later. :crazyeyes:

Fraggle Rock was on cable if I remember correctly...and we only had 5 channels in my house. :grayno:

Let us now forget Different Strokes.

Silver spoons, alf, family ties, A-team, battlestar galactica, happy days, mork and mindy. Could go on and on here. Those were some good shows all at about the same timeframe.

How great was tv back then to be a kid. And Now it's about nintendo DS, tablets, iPods etc.

MTG

Caught the Bug
JAGS said:
Silver spoons, alf, family ties, A-team, battlestar galactica, happy days, mork and mindy. Could go on and on here. Those were some good shows all at about the same timeframe.

How great was tv back then to be a kid. And Now it's about nintendo DS, tablets, iPods etc.

Two words...Buck Rogers.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Yup. Things sure have changed. Everything is a darn reality show or a competition show nowadays. Don't get me wrong some of it is entertaining, I mean I don't mind seeing some Kardashian er, talent? Just very different. I make sure my kids watch old school stuff still on tv, sesame street, tom and Jerry, looney tunes :)

JAGS

Hooked
No...two words...Princess Ardala. Come on MTG, get your priorities straight.

Anyone remember Electra Woman and Dyna Girl? Spandex and pony tails...ah...those were the days.

Well, we've never met. But if you say you could pull off the spandex and pony tail, more power to you. :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Saturday morning cartoons when I was a youngster (well youngerster since I'm still young) were Looney tunes, Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures. That's all I watched in the morning and then Sportscenter with my dad.

Also Fresh Prince, Home Improvement, Full House, Family Matters, Andy Griffith Show. Those were classics!

MTG

Caught the Bug
No...two words...Princess Ardala. Come on MTG, get your priorities straight.

That would be like me saying my favorite show was Marta and you knowing that I was talking about Star Trek and Captain Kirk. :shock:

Pause for people to google that.

Anyone remember Electra Woman and Dyna Girl? Spandex and pony tails...ah...those were the days.

No, but I remember Wonder Woman and her magic lasso! :yup:

Top Bottom