Scope Creep

TND333

I’ll preface this by saying that I have neither the built Jeep on tons & 40’s nor the trophy wife...

I’m going take a WAG and say that the 20 year old trophy wife would cost more in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Probably less long term enjoyment as well.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I love that we all continue to jump down the rabbit hole knowing damn well there is no bottom. Great score and congrats.

MericaMade

Going back to see the original sale post, I am now kind of kicking myself for not jumping on this, but glad to see someone here got them. :thumb:

TND333

Not as much progress this weekend as I would have liked. A quick trip to the ER for some stitches will kill a schedule. Ended up with a speedy cut bite on my wrist, thankfully the outside and it missed everything important.

I picked up a fresh pack of Sawzall blades and I’ll try a different bracket removal technique after work.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Not as much progress this weekend as I would have liked. A quick trip to the ER for some stitches will kill a schedule. Ended up with a speedy cut bite on my wrist, thankfully the outside and it missed everything important.

I picked up a fresh pack of Sawzall blades and I’ll try a different bracket removal technique after work.

Oh no! Glad your big veins and arteries are still intact.

jdofmemi

Damn! That sucks.

I guess the scar will be a reminder of what you went through to take your Jeep to a new level of awesome.

TND333

Back at it with the Sawzall and the grinder tonight. Front stock brackets removed and ready for a final sand and paint. Lots of time with the grinder.

IMG_5432.jpg

MericaMade

Oh shit, Glad you're ok.

TND333

Front brackets bolted in. I will weld them after everything is fit up and cycled.

IMG_5434.jpg IMG_5435.jpg

I had to swap out to the Evo Cross member because the bolt spacing on my rock hard was 1/8” to far apart.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Glad you’re okay and looking great so far.

I found the best method was to use a sawzall and take them off like a clam shell. Once you get the brackets opened up you can bend them till they snap off and then flap them. Lots of pics in a thread I started. “Ordered long arms now what”

TND333

IMG_5448.jpg

Got the front axle bolted in place. Little bit more flex than before.

TND333

Got the rear coilovers on. Part of the installation is to separate the body from the frame by 1/2” to slide brackets into place.

With the Jeep up in the air my floor jack wouldn’t lift high enough to raise the body. The bandsaw and some redwood came to the rescue. I cut some wedges and used a prybar under the rear body mounts to lift so I could put the wedges in place.

IMG_5485.jpg IMG_5484.jpg

Top Bottom