Share your JKU rear cargo storage

seansheds

I'll be watching this thread too because I'm designing mine now. Just got an Elements fridge so thing need to change.

What I did add was some switched cargo area lighting that is awesome. $6 for two led strips on eBay and they are bright!

Nope, not gonna work anymore.

IMG_8319.jpg

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

Added a fuse block to the lower B pillar to clean up wiring. It's accessible through the pop out door wire disconnect panel.

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

I'm going to build a slide for the fridge, maybe span the whole rear, and I think I'll raise the cargo basket a couple inches, or just make a new basket.

Journeyman

Well ain't that just nifty! I like how it's just a shelf that doesn't cover the whole back end and allowing for bigger things to be stuffed back there if needed. Nice touch on the notch on for the fridge too :thumb:

Thank you sir.
Not sure how other people have done it [emoji848] but it worked out pretty well. I was able to counter sink the platform holes and reuse the factory hard top bolts. The notch just kind of ended up needing to be there and actually really secures the back of the fridge without affecting how it opens. Wife is stoked she doesn't have deal a heavy ass spare tire to access the fridge and now it's accessible while we're on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Growlz

IMG_0597.JPG

I picked up the Smittybilt drawer also. It works well for carting tools and recovery gear. I glued rubberized shelf liner on top and use a bungee net to hold things secure on top. No floor mounted sub woofer on my Jeep so I didn't need to worry about keeping room for that.

I stole a mounting idea and have it hinged in the back so I can tilt it up to get access to the small storage area where the jack is located.

Journeyman

View attachment 274724

I picked up the Smittybilt drawer also. It works well for carting tools and recovery gear. I glued rubberized shelf liner on top and use a bungee net to hold things secure on top. No floor mounted sub woofer on my Jeep so I didn't need to worry about keeping room for that.

I stole a mounting idea and have it hinged in the back so I can tilt it up to get access to the small storage area where the jack is located.

So it's just attached in the back with the hinge? Any pics of it tilted up? Probably wouldn't be worth it, but a set of gas shocks to lift the box would be handy.

Growlz

So it's just attached in the back with the hinge? Any pics of it tilted up? Probably wouldn't be worth it, but a set of gas shocks to lift the box would be handy.

No. Two pretty beefy gate hinges on the back attached to the floor then one bolt on the inside into the floor.

When I get out of work and get home if I think of it I'll tip it up for you and take a shot. And you're right, not too much to it. When I saw it on another storage drawer I thought it would be cool to do something similar so I didn't need to lose the little storage for the jack and other little stuff.

Journeyman

View attachment 274742

Hi Journeyman.

Here's a shot of the box tilted up and access to the JK storage area.

Rt on dude. That's awesome [emoji1376] probably not very convenient if your loaded down with gear. But definitely a great stash spot for all the shit just hit the fan type gear.
Thank you for the pic. I love seeing all these different options. Gets me thinking about my setup and how I can improve on it.

Growlz

Rt on dude. That's awesome [emoji1376] probably not very convenient if your loaded down with gear. But definitely a great stash spot for all the shit just hit the fan type gear.
Thank you for the pic. I love seeing all these different options. Gets me thinking about my setup and how I can improve on it.

That's true! It could take some unloading of gear, but I figured it at least gave me a bit of an option.

I like seeing the different options too. Folks have done some clever stuff.

MTG

Caught the Bug
No. Two pretty beefy gate hinges on the back attached to the floor then one bolt on the inside into the floor.

When I get out of work and get home if I think of it I'll tip it up for you and take a shot. And you're right, not too much to it. When I saw it on another storage drawer I thought it would be cool to do something similar so I didn't need to lose the little storage for the jack and other little stuff.

Sweet! I was thinking about a hinged box or drawer. Glad to see someone else has already thought of it. If you dont mind can you take a pic of the hinge and how it is mounted when you have a moment? I want to retain that storage area too. :thumb:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Image1504143110.427801.jpg

Use to have a big husky tote with everything I had in my jeep.

Image1504143229.218806.jpg

Have all my tools in the smittybilt tailgate bags.
Have a ammo can with first aid supplies, and one with air accessories. Have a 4 pound hammer, torque wrench, pry bar, spare parts under the rear storage.

IMG_3691.jpg

Currently have my yeti, 4 gal rotopax and Milwaukee tool bags in the back.

OhNoTheJiggies

20170824_184932.jpg 20170824_184954.jpg
This is my current setup.
I may be getting a Coleman fridge thing from a friend for free, so if it does not fit under this rack, I'll either be making my own or buying a different one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom