Shipping a Jeep

JK_Jimmy

Shipping my Jeep

Hey guys so I'm making a move from Philadelphia to San Diego for a job. My plan is to ship my JK from phila to San Diego and I'm hoping you all can help me out. I'm trying to figure out the most economical option for me to do this so any suggestions or advice at all would be much appreciated.

Also on a side note I am selling my WildBoar JK fastback hardtop. If anyone is interested please let me know. I will attach pictures below. I figure I probably won't need a hardtop in San Diego. Going to be asking 2100.00 but I am willing to negotiate.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457449725.872110.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457449738.722643.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457449762.577360.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Moving from Pa. to San Diego? What the hell's wrong with you? :crazyeyes:
(Lucky bastard ;))

I looked into shipping my Jeep cross country but it's pretty pricey. Watch the online sites closely
as some of these guys are sketchy. If you are gonna do it for sure you'd probably be better off paying a reputable
firm a little more so you know they aren't out doing donuts in the middle of Nebraska in your baby...

geberhard

Douchebag
Jim, I have shipped a few cars cross country, and from Philly to Ca shoudl be about $800-1400. If you have not yet, check out uship.com, free sevrice that let shipping companies bid on giving you a shipping quote. I have a few carriers I have worked in the past (FL to CA), and Texas to-from CA I can provide. some below:

Big Red transport for a Firebird to Texas 903-571-0228 and cel 903-805-0713

+13052205798 Safeway transport this is the company in Florida

Good luck!

Gui

JK_Jimmy

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just set up an account on uship and so let the bidding war begin. It's looking like it'll be anywhere from 1400-1600 range.

geberhard

Douchebag
Good luck, and make sure to do your homework on the shipping companies, and background check them; also wait a few days if you are not in a hurry, as the first quotes will be higher and normally some shippers are trying to make their money back if they do not have a full truck load. make sure to setup a estimated delivery window date. I negotiated $50 off for each day they were late, and saved a few hundred bucks. Note that most companys are actually brokers and not actual shipping companies. They will try getting your $200-300 deposit upfront and then they will seel your ship to a shipping company online. I normally only trust actual shipping companies that own their own trucks (see the ones I sent you above and see if they do your route).

Good luck!

gui

JK_Jimmy

Thanks Gui, you're right the bids that came in yesterday have already come back in at a lower price today. This one company montway has rebid 3 times already and the price keeps dropping. As for the shippers you provided me I checked them out online and it doesn't look like they service from pa to ca. I may be wrong but this is just what I found in my quick check.

JK_Jimmy

You guys think if I don't sell my hardtop I should just keep it on when I ship my jeep to San Diego and try to sell it there or just leave it at my parents house and keep posting it on Craig's list for back in Philadelphia?

geberhard

Douchebag
your call, your top will probably sell better on colder climate but Cali has a hot market for hardtops. Keep in mind most shipping companies will tag another $100 or so for a vert (they will keep your Jeep on the lower deck. If you sell, get a temp top on, or the interior will be covered with crap and dirt by the time it arrives. One tip, use blue tape on the door edges and put a towel or large plastic bag on the driver's side seat :)

JK_Jimmy

Well I have a softtop that I usually throw on in the summer. So I would just throw that on in the mean time

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would list the top on craigslist out there, you never know it may sell fast for the mall crawlers out there.

As for shipping, I would want to drive it out, but thats just me since I have never taken a long road trip.

JoeAl11669

Last summer when I was moving from Chicago to Palm Springs I was looking for a company to do that. I found the cost to be $1200 - 1800. Ended up towing it because of the cost AND because of the delivery schedule.

Good Luck with the move. you're gonna love it out here!

Jkback

Would you be interested in trading for a soft top in perfect condition with two sets of windows, clear and tinted?

Top Bottom