Shipping a Jeep

JK_Jimmy

I'm thinking if I don't sell it before I leave on the 27th that I will just ship my jeep there with the hard top on and just put my soft top inside the jeep. I get to carry up to 100lbs of cargo inside so I should be fine with that. Hopefully it will be easier to sell once I'm out west. Whenever I visit there I see a ton more modified jeeps than I do back here.

DMF

We have a big problem with theft hear in Cali. I would keep the hard top incase you want to go somewhere and have to park your jeep in the open.

geberhard

Douchebag
lol, yes Jeeps in Cali only have hardtops ;) Jk, but honestly it is pretty much like anywhere else and depends on where you live, and or park your Jeep. With a soft top, I normally leave my Jeep doors open, and nothing plain sight. If someone wants to break in, badly enough, they will. Softtop windows slashed pretty much happen anywhere.

JK_Jimmy

Yea I live in center city phila now so I know all about theft with the soft tops. I rarely put my back window in during the summer months when I run my Softtop.

Napalm

We have a big problem with theft hear in Cali. I would keep the hard top incase you want to go somewhere and have to park your jeep in the open.

Yea I live in center city phila now so I know all about theft with the soft tops. I rarely put my back window in during the summer months when I run my Softtop.

I guess I'm fortunate(knock on wood) to live in East Texas and not have any issues. I've always ran soft tops and never had anything stolen or anyone try and break in. I did have someone syphon gas out of my Jeep at the fire station one night.

One thing that does worry me though, is rolling around naked now that I have the upgraded 430 radio.

Sorry for the thread derail, OP.

Shipping your Jeep

I'm heading back to Banff this summer to do a little backpacking and exploring. Last year I rented an economy vehicle and I think having my jeep up there would be much more fun exploring. I could simply rent a Jeep for around $1000.00, but I'm just curious about ways or methods of shipping my jeep.

Have any of you shipped your jeep or a vehicle to a location. Is it outrageously priced to have a jeep delivered, especially out of the US?

black pearl

Hooked
I was watching a episode of dirt every day and he said it cost about 1200 to ship a jeep to Hawaii from la Area ... I have thought about doing that, because it's hard to drive across the sea but haven't really looked at any numbers myself

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I'm heading back to Banff this summer to do a little backpacking and exploring. Last year I rented an economy vehicle and I think having my jeep up there would be much more fun exploring. I could simply rent a Jeep for around $1000.00, but I'm just curious about ways or methods of shipping my jeep.

Have any of you shipped your jeep or a vehicle to a location. Is it outrageously priced to have a jeep delivered, especially out of the US?

Merged to existing thread. Should be a lot of good info here.

Desertman

International shipping my issue, got quote of about $10,000 to ship my jeep from the Middle East back to England. That included the registration and certification.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I've shipped two Jeeps from and to Hawaii...$1200 to San Diego (three summers ago), & $1500 Oakland to Oahu last Oct

It cost a grand to ship my JK6 from Grand Rapids SD to Issaquah WA near Seattle

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JamesCo

Guys I haul cars for a living. We own our own truck and haul for all the major manufacturers. Been in the business since '99. Companies like Reliable are expensive because they are ENCLOSED carriers. As opposed to an OPEN carrier like our truck. Reliable hauls show cars and for all the big dollar celebrities. Companies like United Road, continental, Supreme, DAS and many more do mostly new cars and Auction cars. Websites like Uship get you to contract with them even though they DO NOT own or lease any of their own trucks. They put your vehicle on Central Dispatch website and ANY POS hauler can be hauling your pride and joy. Good luck filing a claim and getting your vehicle fixed if they tear it up.

Go with a company that sends one of their trucks with their COMPANY name on the door. The company I am leased to doesn't do POV work so I'm no help with that. And I like it that way. I only haul full loads of cars. Meaning one place to load and they are all new and start and drive. I have a buddy that works for Coast to Coast Auto Transport in Boise, Idaho where I used to live. That would maybe be my first call and if they can't do it they would at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom