SHIPPING SILLINESS

black pearl

Hooked
I'm usually amazed at how cheap it is to ship stuff nowadays. Many times, for less than a cheap lunch at McDonalds somebody will pick up a package and deliver it hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away. Amazing!
I can put a stamp on a card or letter and somebody will come to my house, pick it up, and deliver it to my sister's house all the way across the country in 4 DAYS! For less than a buck!

I did have an odd one a while back though. I wanted to ship an empty gun case to my mom's house in FL so I could bring some guns back with me when I went to visit her.
It was almost as cheap to buy a new gun case and have it shipped to her for free as it would have been for me to ship the empty case to her.

I will have to agree that there is some oddity in the scale of the boxes for things I order thru Amazon though.

My wife just went through finding out what it cost to ship something she wanted to send a pair of riding boots back to the U.K. They told her it would be 500 in shipping to return them[emoji33] .. off to eBay to try and sell them instead

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TANK

My favorite so far was ordering from Quadratec last month. No issues with Quadratec, but with FedEx. Their tracking showed it would be delivered on a Thursday. Check the night before and see that my package has indeed arrived to my local hub. Wait all day on Thursday with no avail and decide to check tracking. Tracking shows that instead of delivering that day, they sent it to my local USPS for them to deliver the next day instead. I'm just glad it wasn't something important I was in dire need of.

JKbrick

Today I got a big box from qtec and couldn't remember what I had ordered that needed a box this size. Inside was packing paper and another box. Inside the second box was 1 bolt
IMG_7784.JPG IMG_7785.JPG
IMG_7786.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Today I got a big box from qtec and couldn't remember what I had ordered that needed a box this size. Inside was packing paper and another box. Inside the second box was 1 bolt

No I added a few little things together so I'd get free shipping and everything else came in a small bow then 1 bolt by itself!

WTF, really?? LOL!! That's just nuts :crazyeyes:

Onefin

I used to work for a wholesale motorcycle parts company.
We would never ship a tiny part in a small box via UPS, it would get lost.
We wouldn't do massive boxes, but we would sometimes ship very small piston circlips or 4 spark plugs in a way bigger box than required.
Maybe a cubic foot box for a few tiny items.
Losing stuff in transit costs money and time.

jesse3638

Hooked
I used to work for a wholesale motorcycle parts company.
We would never ship a tiny part in a small box via UPS, it would get lost.
We wouldn't do massive boxes, but we would sometimes ship very small piston circlips or 4 spark plugs in a way bigger box than required.
Maybe a cubic foot box for a few tiny items.
Losing stuff in transit costs money and time.
Never thought of that but that actually makes sense. Eddie next time I order a shirt or anyone orders something small you should send it in the left over boxes from parts you order...haha.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

Rockauto's shipping prices are all kinds of wtf.

View attachment 244092
View attachment 244093

The switch weighed almost nothing and it was $15 to ship, the starter on the other hand weighed several pounds and costs $8 to ship and no charge to ship back the core????????????
I've ordered from them too and the shipping is pretty funny when you order different size parts. I ordered 2 new axle seals and shipping was $17, also ordered 2 brand new hubs and shipping for them was $5....they weighed 10 times as much too lol. But I think the shipping costs has to do with where they are shipping from because the hubs were shipped pretty close to me and the seals were about 5 states away. I could be wrong but it kinda makes sense?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Wtf? I had a package a month ago with something like that. Standard route from SALT lake city to Denver went through Phoenix.
Agreed, bought a pair of boots for the wife... Sent out from San Diego... Went to Portland OR... Then to me in Phoenix...? I thought efficiency saved time and $$... Apparently not?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

So had to order new bumb stops due to breaking mine on re install "very brittle" so ordered these... not happy with the product but works till I get my tire carrier in
IMG_0852.jpg
IMG_0853.jpg

Dopey

gheller

This is a great thread, very amusing. I've been sent stuff over the years in ridiculous packages.
Just got one today, a couple switches to add to my A Pillar switch pod.

IMG_2101.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
IMG_2099.jpg

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom