Shock ques for 4" lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
But by wat im reading i dont need it cause my bars are parrellel already.

No, you don't "need" a drag link flip and track bar relocation BUT, with 4" of lift, your steering geometry will be off enough that installing them will help restore them closer to stock (closer to being parallel to the axle as well as each other) and that will help improve handling.

srosario

No, you don't "need" a drag link flip and track bar relocation BUT, with 4" of lift, your steering geometry will be off enough that installing them will help restore them closer to stock (closer to being parallel to the axle as well as each other) and that will help improve handling.

OK, OK, Thank You so much. Now i understand.
So because i have a 4 inch lift my drag link and my track bar are more vertical than stock , therefore i need to bring both back to a more horizontal possition, simultaneously having it parallel to each other, and the axle?

OK so that being said,
1. Do I install the drag link in a flip configuration?
2. Do i order the track bar relocation bracket?
and which one?
3. Do i do it by raising the passenger side up? or bringing down the driver side? or both?

Thanks for the help, im trying to do these install in three days tuesd, wedns, thrus. so im trying to order all the parts.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK, OK, Thank You so much. Now i understand.
So because i have a 4 inch lift my drag link and my track bar are more vertical than stock , therefore i need to bring both back to a more horizontal possition, simultaneously having it parallel to each other, and the axle?

Again, "need" is not the issue here more rather, it's what you "want". The track bar and drag need NEED to be parallel to each other but, with 4" of lift, you would benefit from correcting the steep angle that they are now sitting at by installing a drag link flip AND track bar relocation bracket.

1. Do I install the drag link in a flip configuration?
2. Do i order the track bar relocation bracket?
and which one?
3. Do i do it by raising the passenger side up? or bringing down the driver side? or both?

You need to install BOTH drag link flip and track bar relocation bracket at the same time. This will help keep them parallel to each other while correcting the geometry at the same time. With a drag link flip, you want to RAISE the mounting point at the axle - NOT drop it from the frame. You can do it but dropping from the frame is typically what you would do with a dropped pitman arm.

I'm not a fan of the Synergy components due to the cheap heims they use but, I understand this may be something they have or will be correcting in the future. But, being that is what you already have on order, I would just get the matching track bar relocation bracket they sell.

srosario

Again, "need" is not the issue here more rather, it's what you "want". The track bar and drag need NEED to be parallel to each other but, with 4" of lift, you would benefit from correcting the steep angle that they are now sitting at by installing a drag link flip AND track bar relocation bracket.

You need to install BOTH drag link flip and track bar relocation bracket at the same time. This will help keep them parallel to each other while correcting the geometry at the same time. With a drag link flip, you want to RAISE the mounting point at the axle - NOT drop it from the frame. You can do it but dropping from the frame is typically what you would do with a dropped pitman arm.

I'm not a fan of the Synergy components due to the cheap heims they use but, I understand this may be something they have or will be correcting in the future. But, being that is what you already have on order, I would just get the matching track bar relocation bracket they sell.

What are the heims? so i could keep a look out.

So just to make sure, these are the parts I WANT to order.

To relocate the track bar

1421529518627.jpg

Just in case I drill to much doing the Drag LINK Flip

Attachments

• 1421529599021.jpg
    1421529599021.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

srosario

This looks like a part that i would like to order, advice on these part?
164548-add3-lg.jpg 164548-md.jpg

Synergy Manufacturing Front Track Bar Brace & Sector Shaft Brace
For 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
Quadratec Part No: 16315.60XX.C

Left Hand Drive Models. - $200.00

This New Bracket is designed to distribute the increased load that the stock track bar bracket encounters on a lifted Jeep. The Added track bar bracket thickness prevents the track bar bolt from ovalizing out the stock mount. Bolt on fix for those who already have an ovalized track bar bracket bolt hole. The addition of the "sector shaft brace" prevents steering box sector shaft deflection by adding a high quality greaseable bearing support. Brackets are laser cut and CNC bent from 3/16" high strength steel. Bolt on installation. Grey powder coat finish for maximum corrosion resistance with a Bolt in installation.
Made in USA

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What are the heims? so i could keep a look out.

So just to make sure, these are the parts I WANT to order.

To relocate the track bar

Just in case I drill to much doing the Drag LINK Flip

The heims are the joints.

Yes, that is the bracket you want and what you'll need if you drill too much.

This looks like a part that i would like to order, advice on these part?

LOL!! You sure are a Synergy fan aren't you? Why not just get all their stuff and be done with it? :idontknow:

srosario

Lol, I don't know why, my whole life I've been a brand loyal person, after reading reviews all the positive reviews that they have, I diced to stick with them.
And thanks again guys, I'm going to place the order now,

What about that last product?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, I don't know why, my whole life I've been a brand loyal person, after reading reviews all the positive reviews that they have, I diced to stick with them.
And thanks again guys, I'm going to place the order now,

You do realize that most people who give positive review about a specific brand also tend to be fanboys, right? And, don't get me wrong but, once you have all their products, you will sing praises about them too and this in spite of the fact that you have no experience running anything else. You see how that works?

What about it? It's a sector shaft brace that Synergy sells. All the fanboys will tell you that you need it. Me, I think it's a waste of money and don't run one of any make on either of my Jeeps in spite of the fact that I run 37's on one and 40's on the other but hey, that's just me. :yup:

jmatta33

What about it? It's a sector shaft brace that Synergy sells. All the fanboys will tell you that you need it. Me, I think it's a waste of money and don't run one of any make on either of my Jeeps in spite of the fact that I run 37's on one and 40's on the other but hey, that's just me. :yup:

Funny you said this, as I was just looking for adjustable track bars on NR4x4 and came across a couple of these and I was thinking to myself "wth is this thing, and if it is so necessary how come I've never heard of anyone running these...?"

JeepDrum

The last thing (track bar and sector shaft brace) doesn't do anything to relocate the track bar or sector shaft. It is supposed to reinforce those components, that's all. You MAY need a synergy track bar to work with it also. In some cases with some manufacturers, a specific track bar is needed to work with the brace. As a a disclaimer I should say that I don't run one of these. This is just what I've learned through researching a knock in my steering. In my case it turned out to be a bad TRE at the pitman arm. But from how you described your rig, I would say it isn't necessary. Usually guys with larger tires and hydro assist are the ones that opt for this type of reinforcement.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny you said this, as I was just looking for adjustable track bars on NR4x4 and came across a couple of these and I was thinking to myself "wth is this thing, and if it is so necessary how come I've never heard of anyone running these...?"

Breaking a sector shaft on the trail sucks - maybe one of the worst breaks you can have being that everything else about your Jeep will still run just fine but you can't really go anywhere without steering. Of course, short of having a spare, there's no fixing it. Because of this, alarmist assume that a brace is needed and companies are in the business of making money so they make/sell what people feel they need.

...Usually guys with larger tires and hydro assist are the ones that opt for this type of reinforcement.

This type of reinforcement is NOT needed - period. It will not prevent a torsional break and I can assure you that's the kind of break you will see on your sector shaft - ask me how I know? A hydro assist is your best bet to prevent a sector shaft break.

srosario

I'm deeply in love with u guys,
I can't say that enough, I wish I could by you all a steak dinner and some beers. Haven't felt these excited seens, never. Lol don't tell the wife please.

JeepDrum

Breaking a sector shaft on the trail sucks - maybe one of the worst breaks you can have being that everything else about your Jeep will still run just fine but you can't really go anywhere without steering. Of course, short of having a spare, there's no fixing it. Because of this, alarmist assume that a brace is needed and companies are in the business of making money so they make/sell what people feel they need.

This type of reinforcement is NOT needed - period. It will not prevent a torsional break and I can assure you that's the kind of break you will see on your sector shaft - ask me how I know? A hydro assist is your best bet to prevent a sector shaft break.

Thanks for clarification :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm deeply in love with u guys,
I can't say that enough, I wish I could by you all a steak dinner and some beers. Haven't felt these excited seens, never. Lol don't tell the wife please.

:cheesy: Just trying to keep it real.

srosario

With 4" of lift, you would benefit from having a relocation bracket installed on the rear to correct its geometry as well.

Just order it as well, after then built I hope it rides like a dream.

Last to order would be the steering stabilizer, (just for Bling), but gotta make sure it drives good with out it first, got it.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just order it as well, after then built I hope it rides like a dream.

Last to order would be the steering stabilizer, (just for Bling), but gotta make sure it drives good with out it first, got it.

LOL!! Well, like I always say, ride quality is 100% subjective and I do hope that all the parts you just bought will help make your ride the dream you are hoping for.

As far as a steering stabilizer goes, just be aware that blingy ones are more times than not pressurized and they will cause your Jeep to pull.

spinuck

Eddie, is there an inexpensive source to get a replacement/spare sector shaft? wouldn't mind getting a spare until I can afford hyd-assist.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, is there an inexpensive source to get a replacement/spare sector shaft? wouldn't mind getting a spare until I can afford hyd-assist.

If you have the old style Delphi box, you can get a spare sector shaft from PSC. They are about $150 but I gotta warn you, replacing one on the trail isn't as easy as you would think. In a lot of cases, it would be just as easy to carry a spare box ready to go but then, they cost a bit more - even the newer China boxes.

Top Bottom