Should I drive home in this JL Rubicon?

FallonJeeper

It would probably depend on
1. what your final price is with trade in/loan payoff.
2. What your interest rate is going to be.
3. How much you really want It vs. need it.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

Waiting another (or two) year, the price of the Jeep will go up (engine) and you won’t get all the $$ you will put into your truck loan payments between now and then back in trade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Also for reference I’ll be coming from a diesel f250 with a $19,000 loan to the Rubicon with a $40,000 loan.

So going from $20K in debt to $40K in debt? :thinking: In a word, no.

But don't listen me, I do not represent the masses. And it is a really nice looking jeep! :yup:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
So I stopped by the jeep dealer today and looked at a JLU Rubicon and I’m very interested in buying it but I want to hear your opinions on here about it. The sticker price is $47,570 and they’ll give it to me for $44,657 and they’ll give me an extra $3k on my trade than they’re “allowed to give”. My main question is do you guys think the new JL is worth the money? Also for reference I’ll be coming from a diesel f250 with a $19,000 loan to the Rubicon with a $40,000 loan. Edit: Or is the ecodiesel worth the wait? View attachment 297970 View attachment 297972

I think to make an educated answer we need to know how much you make and all your current debts, along with your existing career prospects. So?

FLKEYSJK

I think to make an educated answer we need to know how much you make and all your current debts, along with your existing career prospects. So?

I’m in the Coast Guard and the only debt I would have is the jeep, the money I make is pretty much money to spend on things like vehicles/phone bills etc.. and of course to put some money away for the future, I have everything taken care of as far as housing and health insurance for free. Also the insurance on the JL is a little cheaper than the insurance on my current f250. The new Jeep is definitely not cheap but it won’t be a problem as far as affording it. The main problem I’m having is that I Love jeeps but I also love my truck so it’s difficult to get rid of it.

ka-bar

I just can't see having an auto payment as much or more than some house payments. Your dough, though. [emoji106]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Banks love loaning to military members though, ask me how I know. It took a lot of discipline for me to get out of debt before I got out. OP is right, though. Basically 90-95% of his income is disposable.

FLKEYSJK

Banks love loaning to military members though, ask me how I know. It took a lot of discipline for me to get out of debt before I got out. OP is right, though. Basically 90-95% of his income is disposable.

Yeah that’s why I’m not too worried about it at the moment because I can easily pay it off early so I wouldn’t be paying on it too long. Still though that ecodiesel intrigues me a lot, wish jeep would hurry up and release it!

Top Bottom